Saturday, June 6, 2015

Introducing....my blogging buddies on Storywraps









Hi everyone.  Twice a day as I come down to my office to blog I am not alone in that endeavor.  I have three most of the time, but oftentimes four, furry little companions that accompany me as I work at getting my reviews posted and off to you.  

This morning I want you to meet my BFFs who get so excited just to hang out with me no matter what I am up to.  Do you think that they know a treat is waiting for them when they follow me down those stairs? Might that have something to do with their eagerness to be my blogging buddies?   Yes, probably does and here I thought they just wanted to spend quality time with me.  Introducing my buddies in chronological order....oldest first. 



 I'd like you all to meet...








Elijah.   He is a Yorkie-Poo and a lot of the times he is not with me as I blog because he has a job.  He goes off most mornings to be a greeter at a local animal hospital.  He is well loved there by both the customers he welcomes and by the vets who think he is adorable, and a big plus for their business.  He has the perfect temperament for such a calling. I am looking around to purchase a little blue vest for him (may have to break down and sew it) because he is just like the Walmart greeter when people enter into the building.  He attends all the staff meetings at the clinic and his official title while there is Dr. Barker.  He is an amazing little creature and takes his job very seriously indeed.






Moses.  Moses is my pomeranian buddy.  He is a nervous little guy and was in the pet shop six months before he came to live here.  He follows the rules perfectly and is very territorial when I am blogging.  He allows no one to enter the room unless he approves.  As soon as I say the word blogging he is up and running to the top of stairs ready to go.  He stays with me until every last key has been hit and every last light has been turned off.  He loves being part of a family and he sits on the little magic carpet blanket I put down for them and is the perfect model of a good dog. He has a wonderful, loving heart which he shares always.









Eden.   She is a long haired dachschund.  She is very calm and has a wonderful sweet temperament.  She is solidly built with big paddle feet but loves to wear scarves and ribbons and look pretty.  She is not very dainty on the outside but on the inside she is a tiny little ballerina who adores her spa day, (she actually falls asleep in the tub covered in soap bubbles) and is over the moon with walks.  She is always playful and loves to snuggle and give kisses. She snores when she sleeps but not as much as Elijah who is like an oncoming train. 








Abby Rose.  She is the baby of the pack and an amazing little girl.  I got her when she was six weeks old so she thinks I am her mother.  She was sold to me with the understanding that she was a teacup size.  They shipped her off early so I would not know she would grow to the size she is... definitely not a teacup but perfect in all ways to me.  In hindsight I am very glad she was not a teacup because she would not have fit into the pack as well that size.  She is very smart, always playful, and keeps the pack moving and young at heart.  She is super sensitive and "suckie" which I adore. She clings to me like velcro and sleeps on my pillow morphing into an earmuff at night. By day she sits on my shoulder when I am in a big comfy chair  hovering like a parrot.  She is quite the character, so unique and so loved by all.  


Here they are in all their splendour...photo taken just a few minutes ago.  This is how they wait for me to finish up my work.  They must think I am very boring indeed. :-)






This was taken today.




This was taken yesterday....oopsey Eden...little long for the blanket sweetie...but who cares eh?  



So now you know I'm never alone.  In fact I run in a pack, me being the mama.  Sometimes I read the stories I review out loud to them and they are a very attentive and appreciative audience.  They  give me 4 paws up if they think the story is brilliant. 






 We all wish you a wonderful day full of happy reading,  friendly sharing and unlimited happiness.




Unwrapping once again...







According to Amazon



Caldecott Honor winner David Ezra Stein has fans at his command with this comical dog’s-eye view of having a best friend.

Many dogs have human owners. Not this dog. He fetches his own slippers, curls up at his own feet, and gives himself a good scratch. But there is one spot, in the middle of his back, that he just can’t reach. So one day, he lets a human scratch it. And the poor little fella follows him home. What can the dog do but get a leash to lead the guy around with? Dog lovers of all ages will revel in the humorous role-reversal as this dog teaches his human all the skills he needs to be a faithful companion.


I reviewed this book a little while ago on Storywraps and it is well worth highlighting it again.  Check it out if you haven't already.  It's a winner.



Read on and read always!

It's a wrap.


Contact me at storywrapsblog@gmail.com

No comments: