Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"Find Mom's Wok!" - a bookwrap




How To Cook With A Wok! 










Unwrapping...







"Find Mom's Wok"


Authored by Jung Hee Kim
Illustrated by Jung Ah Noh

Ages 5-7
Grade Level: K-2



Unwrapping some amazing illustrations...




















About the book...



Get a taste of fabulous Chinese cuisine and culture as sweet Shao Ming is asked to take her mother's heirloom wok and deliver it safely to her uncle across town.  It is Zhong Qiu Jie, or the Mid-Autumn Festival, so festivities are in full bloom and the crowds pack the streets.  On her way Shao Ming gets caught up in all the frivolity and takes her eyes off the prize... her mother's coveted wok.  She becomes enthralled with the parade and the huge dragon that swirls around captivating the onlookers.  She turns around and the wok has disappeared. Wherever could it have gone?  Oh my!  

Desperately she tries to locate the treasure and in so doing discovers Chinese cuisine at its best.  She is invited to sample mapo tofu, a tantalizing pot of Chinese tea to calm her heart, and steamed crabs dipped in soya sauce, just to name a few.  

Finally she is instructed by a chef at a dim sum restaurant to go home and be with her family because that is much more important (and so is she) than the wok.  A beautiful surprise awaits her when she arrives.  I wonder what that could be?

This illustrations are so amazing.  They are full of action, emotion, precise details and they suit the storyline perfectly.  You fall in love with adorable little Shao Ming.  I love at the end of the book where the author has added true facts and pictures regarding China. They are perfect for a little one's first school project on the country.  I highly recommend this book. 



Storywraps rating... 5+ HUGS!!!!!









Introducing the author...



Jung Hee Kim has also written Transform… into Poop! The Story of Puffy Clouds, and Another Set of Eyes, among others. 



About the illustrator...



Jung Ah Noh studied art in college, completing the Han Gyuh Rae Illustrator course and Hills Academy Post Program. She has illustrated, My Friend, Ggam Jee, History of the World of Time Capsules, Oh, I See…Our History, I Can Do It Well, Peach Boy, and more.





Follow me  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the bottom of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on and read always!
It's a wrap.

No comments: