Wednesday, January 17, 2018

" Max" - a bookwrap










Unwrapping





"Max"

Authored by Joetta Spurling


About the book




Max is a 13-year-old pit bull and his life story is narrated through his eyes.
I must warn you that the content pulls at your heartstrings.  I felt so sad for the helpless little puppy who is caught in horrific circumstances beyond his control and whose whole family is a victim of animal abuse.  


Excerpt from Chaper 1: 



" Hi, my name is Max and I'm a dog.  My life is great. I have a loving family, a roof over my head, and all the treats I can eat.  But my life hasn't been all belly rubs and ear scratches.  No, my life started out a lot different than it is now.  So my friend thought I should write it down and let other people know how hard a dog's life can really be.  

I was born in the summer.  About thirteen years ago.  My mom had twelve puppies that night.  Sometime during the night I woke to the sound of my mother crying.  I found out that three of my siblings had died.  My mom took it hard, we laid by her to give her comfort.

The next morning I was rudely awakened by a man when he threw a bowl of food in my mother's pen.  When he noticed my three dead siblings, he pulled my mother out of the doghouse and started kicking her and yelling at her.

"You useless piece of garbage.  You can't get one thing right.  Why do I put up with you.  Look at all that money laying on the ground."

When my mother got back to the doghouse she was shaking and whining."

Max's mother died after being treated horribly by the breeder and he was sold.  He finally found a family and home after many trials and tribulations.  He always had a good heart and stayed true to who he was which gained him happiness finally.  His scars and mistreatment lead him to write this book to shine a light on the plight of some dogs who are abused and cannot escape being ill-treated. 


The story is short, consisting of only 8 chapters so it's a perfect length for young readers.  The book highlights poor breeding conditions, animal cruelty and the stigma attached to Max's breed -- Pitbulls.  The author then goes on to show how kindness, patience and love is beautiful for both the dog involved and the family that owns him and lovingly makes him a member.  


I think the story was well told and every reader loves a fairytale ending.  I was so relieved and happy that Max found his forever home and ever-after he was wanted and treated with respect and love.  There are a few spelling and grammatical errors present but all-in-all "Max" is a very good book to read. 





Storywraps Rating... 4  HUGS!!!!







Meet the author










Thank you for reading my books, and giving a new author a chance. Leave a review let me know what you think. "Roaring Out Loud" is the first book I have written. Yes as some of the reviews have stated it needs some work. I'm aware of this issue. I'm working on fixing them.

If you would like to get in touch with me email me at
joettaspurlingbooks1@gmail.com






Follow Storywraps


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 

Read on!
Read always!



💖💖 Please skip on over to Facebook and "LIKE" my Storywraps page!!!💖💖

  

No comments: