Thursday, February 8, 2018

"Sometimes I Feel Sad" - a bookwrap









Everyone feels sad from time to time, and it's not always clear why. This moving children's book explains that this is a part of everyone's life, and that you're not alone in feeling this way.




Unwrapping





"Sometimes I Feel Sad"



Authored byTom Alexander, illustrated by Tom Alexander



Age Range: 4 - 7 years

Grade Level: 3 - 4




Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers (March 21, 2018)





Unwrapping some simple yet powerful illustrations 



































About the book



"Sometimes I feel sad.
Sometimes it's because I've lost something.
Or because I'm hurt.
Other times I don't know why I feel sad.
I just do."


This simple, yet powerful story chronicles a sweet little boy who wants to come to terms with the deep sadness that is hidden inside of him. He cites different scenarios where this sadness occurs such as when he loses something or when he gets hurt, but often he doesn't know why he feels that way. 

He tries different antidotes to make the sadness go away.  He goes and hangs out with his friends, he does something fun to chase his blues away, he cloisters himself alone with a book, but those things don't make the sadness disappear.  He is always apprehensive to share his sad feelings with his friends, parents or teacher in case it's infectious and they become sad too.  He is frighenend they will think ill of him if he reveals his real feelings and that worries him a lot.  

Is there any way he can escape this cloud of doom that hangs over him?  Is there anyone to help him overcome his unhappiness?  One thread of advice that weaves throughout the book is to never, ever give up on trying to find a reason and intimately a cure.  Happily the little guy discovers if you keep on seeking help that there are people who truly care about how you are feeling and are willing to listen and share their wisdom as to how you can be an overcomer.  

This heartfelt book assures kids 5+ that others struggle with expressing their feelings of sadness too and you are not alone.  

The illustrations are simple and very powerful enriching the story.  "Sometimes I Feel Sad"  is a wonderful catalyst to open up a conversation about feelings and to discuss how they can be managed successfully.  I highly recommend this book. 



Storywraps Rating -  5 HUGS!!!!!





Introducing the author/illustrator








  

 Tom Alexander writes stories, draws pictures and makes weird little things out of paper. He lives in London with his wife and cat. His first book My Secret Dog, is also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.











Follow Storywraps




*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 

Read on!
Read always!

💖💖 Please skip on over to Facebook and "LIKE" my Storywraps page!!!💖💖


No comments: