Friday, August 10, 2018

"Sammy in the Fall" - a bookwrap












Unwrapping 






"Sammy in the Fall" 
Created by Anita Bijsterbosch


* Ages:  30 months 
* Grade Level:  PS
* Publisher: Clavis
* Pub. Date: Sept. 11, 2018
* Language: English




Unwrapping  some wonderful illustrations













































About the book





This is a delightful book starring Sammy, the kitty, and Hob, his adorable stuffed horse as they "do" Fall. 

With simple text and vibrant illustrations the author highlights the duo as they experience a variety of activities that one can participate in during the Fall season. The hardcover book has half pages that hide and reveal how Sammy and his little horse Hob enjoy Fall.  Little ones will really enjoy that aspect I'm sure. 


They have a busy day picking apples, raking and jumping in the fallen leaves, collecting acorns and chestnuts in a basket, and then having a romp outside when a sudden rainstorm moves in.  The two splash in puddles and Sammy sails a boat in a huge puddle instructing it to sail to the rainbow which has magically appeared in the sky.

After an exciting but tiring day Sammy and Hob curl up with their favourite picture book and snuggle together as they read.  Sleepily Sammy calls it a day.... the end of a perfect Fall day for sure. 







Storywraps Rating -  5 HUGS!!!!!











Meet the author/ illustrator




Hi! I’m Anita. I was born in 1961 in The Netherlands. My entire life, I have loved reading. As a child, I could spend hours thumbing through books, looking at the pictures and hoping I could one day make such beautiful illustrations myself. I studied the images down to the smallest detail and made up my own little stories to go along with them. After high school, I took drawing and painting lessons in small galleries in my neighborhood. And I learned a lot from drawing and painting books. But I also mastered many techniques simply by experimenting with them on my own. When my children were still young, I read them a bedtime story every night. I rediscovered that some picture books are real pieces of art. That’s when I got the ambition to make my very own picture books. I was remarked by the jury of the Key Colours International Illustrators Award 2012. The book Whose Hat is That? was published by Clavis Publishing and every book I have made since has been even more successful.





Follow Storywraps






*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on...
Read always.

It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: