Friday, October 19, 2018

"One Patch of Blue" - a bookwrap












Unwrapping






"One Patch of Blue"
By artist: Marthe Jocelyn


* Baby Board Book
* Pages: 24
* Ages: 5-6
* Grade Level: PS+
* Publisher: Orca Book Publishers
* Pub. Date: 2/03/2019
* Language: English



Unwrapping some great illustrations for you to enjoy


































About the book




This fun wordless board book is a search-and-find delight for wee ones.  A patch of rogue denim escapes from a pair of pants and has many adventures that readers can join in on.  

The venturous swatch morphs into a a robot, a fish tank, a snowman's hat, a dog tag, a Ferris wheel, a recycling bin and best all... a book cover (in my humble opinion), just to name a few.  

The creative author uses her wonderful paper collage illustrations and her wordless book to encourage kid's to use their seeking skills and their imaginations.  I highly recommend this book. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!!!!!






Meet the author/illustrator






When I was a kid, I loved books and going to the theatre. With my brothers and sister, I performed many plays and circuses in the backyard.

I went to high school in Toronto, but decided to work instead of going to college. I had lots of different jobs before becoming a writer, including a theatre usher, a cookie seller, a waitress, a sailor, a photo stylist and a toy designer. I had my own company, called Jesse Design, for fifteen years. 

I lived in New York City for thirty years, but am now back in Canada, in Stratford, Ontario, where my parents grew up. 

I have two daughters named Hannah and Nell.









Follow Storywraps









*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on...
Read always.

It's a wrap! 
💜💜💜


No comments: