Wednesday, October 10, 2018

"One Yellow Ribbon" - a bookwrap











Unwrapping







Authored and illustrated by Marthe Jocelyn

* Age Range: 5-6 years
* Grade Level: PS+
* Board Book
* Publisher: Orca Book Publishers (March 1, 2019)
* Language: English

Unwrapping some sweet illustrations





























About the book





An adventurous yellow ribbon escapes from a little girl's pigtail and finds lots of places to hide before I'm sure it is recovered and tied up once again where it belongs. 

It morphs into many different places and shapes such as a lion's mane, mustard on a hotdog, chopsticks, a trapeze artist's swing, a pencil, a warm winter's scarf, a walking cane for an elderly man and a beautiful potted plant,  just to name a few. 

Kids will love discovering its new hiding place on each and every page. This creative, wordless, board book with its delightful paper collages is both entertaining and engaging for that particular age group and maybe even younger.  I highly recommend it. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!!!!!







Meet the author/illustrator





When I was a kid, I loved books and going to the theatre. With my brothers and sister, I performed many plays and circuses in the backyard.

I went to high school in Toronto, but decided to work instead of going to college. I had lots of different jobs before becoming a writer, including a theatre usher, a cookie seller, a waitress, a sailor, a photo stylist and a toy designer. I had my own company, called Jesse Design, for fifteen years. 

I lived in New York City for thirty years, but am now back in Canada, in Stratford, Ontario, where my parents grew up. 

I have two daughters named Hannah and Nell.





Follow Storywraps










*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on...
Read always.

It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ


No comments: