Friday, January 18, 2019

"My Island" - a book wrap










Unwrapping





"My Island"

Authored by Stepenie Demasse-Pottier
Illustrated by Seng Soun Ratanavanh



* Age Range:  5-6
* Grade Level: PS-K
* Hardcover
* Publisher: Princeton Architectural Press
* Pub. Date: April 2, 2019
* Language:  English



Unwrapping some wonderful illustrations for you to enjoy


























Unwrapping the story


This story takes place inside the imagination of a little girl.  She pictures a lovely, colourful island where thousands of colourful birds reside.  She enjoys the company of the many animal inhabitants, plays games, takes time to read her favourite books, and gathers beautiful flowers.  The reader is not forgotten and is invited to join her, only if you know how to dream.  

The illustrations are lovely and detailed.  They enrich the sparse text.  The story is a celebration of being yourself and encourages readers to ignite their imaginations because when you do anything is possible.  The story is very short and without the wonderful illustrations would have been flat.  I did not think the book was that dynamic.  I am not sure how well that age group would connect to it therefore I only gave it 3 Hugs!  




Storywrap Rating - 3 HUGS!!!








Meet the author and illustrator



Stephanie Demasse-Pottier lives and works in France as a librarian specializing in children's books. My Island is her first book to appear in English.


Painter and illustrator Seng Soun Ratanavanh lives in Paris, where she graduated from the School of Fine Arts. Her work includes the celebrated Time for Bed, Miyuki.





Follow Storywraps








*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 

Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ




No comments: