Monday, January 14, 2019

"Quinn's Promise Rock" - a bookwrap













I'd like you to meet Quinn.  She is a little female owl and she loves her family ( especially her daddy ) very much.  Quinn has a lot of anxiety and questions about life right now.  Let's tune in as she and her daddy discuss how she can put her fears to rest and how she can claim calmness and peace and know in her heart that she is never alone.  




Unwrapping 






QUINN'S PROMISE ROCK
No Matter Where, God Is Always There
by Christie Thomas
iIllustrated by Sydney Hanson


* Age Range: 3-7
Grade Level: 1-2
* Hardcover: 32 pages
* Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
* Pub. Date: February 5, 2019
* Language: English



Unwrapping some sweet illustrations for you to enjoy


















Unwrapping the book



Quinn a fledging owlet takes flight with daddy one night and expresses to him all the worries she has stored up inside of her.

"What if I get lost?"
"What if you dive and I don't notice?"
"What if you get too far ahead of me and I can't find you?" 

She is extremely worried about being separated from her daddy and wise daddy owl takes her concerns and uses them as a perfect teaching moment in her life.  He leads her to the top of a large mountain and while there he uses the mountain as a symbol of God... He is rock solid and cannot be moved.  A huge storm blows in.  Using his wisdom once again he shows Quinn a cave where they can take shelter until it passes.  He compares the cozy safe shelter to God ... He is a sanctuary, a refuge in time of trouble.  He then passes his fearful little owlet a small stone and asks her to tuck it inside her feathers.  He instructs her that the little pebble is a reminder that God is omnipotent. He will be with her no matter where she goes.  He will never leave her or forsake her.  It will always be a comfort and a reminder that God is with her.  Always and forever. 

The watercolour illustrations are charming and the positive message of the book is inspiring.  I love the deep relationship between daddy owl and his precious little owlet.  

The book's mission is to help kids with separation anxiety.  The author has included Bible verses at the end that further describes the attributes of God. Just as much as little owl reveres and loves her earthly daddy there is a bigger Daddy ( Father God ) who will be there for her!   This story is simple, the message positive and powerful and it is written from a Christian point of view.  I highly recommend this book. 



Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!









Introducing the author






I'm the mama of 3 young boys, who keep me hopping with their requests for stories and snacks. I'm married to an educator, and spent the past 12 years as the Director of Children's Ministries at my church in Alberta, Canada. 

Via my website and online membership site (HopeGrown Faith), I help parents nurture the hope of Christ in their homes. My goal is for every Christian parent to be confident in their calling to disciple their unique children!

In 2012 I began work on my first book (not knowing it was a book), as I wrote weekly Bible-based devotions for the families in my church. In 2015 the devotions were released as “Wise for Salvation: Meaningful Devotions for Families with Little Ones“. It is my great joy that this devotional has brought hundreds of families and children closer to God.

The first two books of my new children's picture series will be published by Harvest Kids in 2019. The series is based on Quinn the Owl from "Wise for Salvation", with "Quinn's Promise Rock" being the first in the series. 

If you and I spent the day together, and I got to pick our schedule, here’s what we would do:
1) Go shopping at Value Village.
2) Go to a Zumba class at the gym.

3) Eat East Indian food or monstrous burgers piled with mushrooms.



About the illustrator 









Christie Thomas, the “Bedtime Devo Mama,” has written for various websites, including The MOB Society and The Better Mom. She’s the author of the interactive and multisensory devotional book Wise for Salvation. Christie lives in Alberta, Canada, with her husband and three boys.










Follow Storywraps








*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: