Monday, May 27, 2019

"I Really Love You" - a bookwap





Unwrapping 






Tatsuya Miyanishi's newest book in his "Tyrannosaurus Series" ...   Book # 6





I Really Love You


* Age Range:  5-7
* Grade Level:  K-2
* Hardcover:  40 pages
* Publisher: Museyon
* Pub. Date:  May 20, 2019
* Language:  English 



Unwrapping some wonderful illustrations for you



























Unwrapping the story




Most kids love stories about powerful mighty dinosaurs.  Many years ago dinosaurs roamed the world and they presented themselves in various forms and sizes and spoke different languages.  

This story is about a Tapejara who duped a Tyrannosaurus during a very cold, long and snowy winter. He used trickery to lure this mammoth giant into a safer place, or so the Tyrannosaurus thought. Thinking this would lead to a lush green forest and away from the brutal weather he was experiencing, Tyrannosaurus follows his deceptive guide on a gruelling journey and collapses from hunger and fatigue along the way.  The wicked Tapejara delights in the fact that his captive is dead and tries to eat him.  The Tyrannosaurus has one last burst of strength and swings his gigantic tail which sends his foe twirling and spinning far far away into the distance.  

Tyrannosaurus sees the promised forest ahead and drags himself there.  He encounters three small Homalocephales who speak a different language.  It's fun that the author creates their language by spelling English words backwards.  I like that part a lot.  They take it upon themselves to nurse the ailing dinosaur back to good health and in so doing a deep bond of friendship forms.  Tyrannosaurus spends time trying to teach the three his language which almost causes their demise.  

The illustrations are bold, colourful and full of emotion and activity.  This heartwarming book teaches that love can overcome barriers and differences.  Their love for each other is communicated through actions rather than words.  It is heart-to-heart rather than verbal.  I think kids will like this book a lot and I recommend it and all the others in the series.  



Storywraps Rating -  5 +++ HUGS!!!!!







Tatsuya Miyanishi graduated from the Nihon University College of Art and worked as a doll artist and graphic designer before becoming a picture book author. Miyanishi's books have a passionate, multi-generational fan base that enjoys his range of endearing characters in many genres, from superheroes to dinosaurs, all illustrated with bright colors. He has won the Kodansha Cultural Award for Picture Books, as well as the Kenbuchi Picture Book Grand Prize.




  Follow Storywraps






*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun, and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: