Wednesday, May 22, 2019

"The Wolf Will Not Come" - a bookwrap









I'd like you to meet little rabbit.  He's frightened that there may be wolves in the area and scared that they may come to his house.  Are there really wolves do you think?  Should he be concerned for his safety? 




Unwrapping






"The Wolf Will Not Come"

Authored by Myriam Ouyessad
Illustrated by Ronan Badel


* Age Range:  5-6
* Grade Level:  PS-1
* Hardcover:  28 pages
* Publisher:  Schiffer Kids; 1 edition
* Pub. Date:  August 28, 2019
* Language:  English





Unwrapping some wonderful illustrations for you to enjoy



























Unwrapping the story





Mom is tucking her little rabbit into bed but the dialogue between the two is not very calming or comforting before he falls asleep.  

"Mom, are you sure the wolf will not come?"
"Absolutely, my rabbit." 
"But how can you be so sure?" 

She tells him that the hunters have chased all the wolves in the area away and the remainder are hiding in the woods.  Besides, if one decides to come into the city he'd be in grave danger due to the abundance of cars and the maze of streets he would have to travel.   The wolf doesn't know the entrance code to our building, and he certainly doesn't know how to use the elevator up to the fifth floor. The persistent curious little guy is not totally convinced that the wolf may suddenly appear any minute. Oh my!

Then a wonderful twist happens at the end of the story that nobody could anticipate coming.  Kids always love when the unexpected happens.  (And so do adults... come on... admit it). Unpredictability is perpetually a winning strategy and oh so fun for the unaware reader. 

The illustrations are detailed and full of emotion and activity.  I recommend this delightful book that has been translated from French into English for your reading pleasure.  




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!!!!!








Meet the author











Myriam Ouyessad was born in 1976 in Paris. After studying philosophy at the Sorbonne, she chose to teach the youngest. She participated in the creation of the alternative youth magazine From the Water to My Mill in 2011, where she also published her first stories.








About the illustrator








Ronan Badel was born in 1972 in Auray, Brittany. A graduate of Decorative Arts of Strasbourg, he began writing and illustrating children's books, publishing his first book in 1998. After several years teaching illustration at a Paris art school, he settled in Brittany and devoted himself to creating children's books. In 2006 he published his first comic book, Petit Sapiens.











Follow Storywraps






 
*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun, and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: