Friday, July 5, 2019

"Yara's Tawari Tree" - a bookwrap










Meet the Tawari Tree




Ixerba brexioides, the sole species in the genus lxerba, is a bushy tree with thick, narrow, serrated, dark green leaves and panicles of white flowers with a green hart.  The fruit is a green capsule that splits open to reveal the black seeds partly covered with a fleshy scarlet aril abasing the white inside of the fruit.  The Tawari is a rich source of nectar.  Bees produce monoclonal honey, one that is chiefly made of nectar from the tawari flowers.  


Indians from the Guarani and Tupi tribe call the tree ,,tajy,, that means to “have the strength and spirit", and they use the crust for various medicine methods.




Unwrapping 






Yara's Tawari Tree 
(Yara's Rainforest Book 1)

Authored by Yosef Lapid
Illustrated by Joanna Pasek


* Ages: 5+
* Grade Level:  PS-5
* Publisher:  Yosef Lapid
* Pub. Date:  July 1 , 2019
* Page Count:  38
* Language:  English




Editorial Reviews




"A story with a good ecological message and vibrant paintings..."
Kirkus Reviews


"Yara's Tawari Tree is a visual feast for the eyes and spirit.... it is the perfect opening for discussions on the environment... 
Jack Magnus for Readers' Favorite (5-star review)

"A delightful children's book, to be treasured!"
Michael Rowland for TopShelf Reviews  (5-star review)


"I really enjoyed reading this book...I liked the book's message that nature should be cherished and we must care for it..."
Literary Titan (5-star review)

"This is a truly wonderful story with absolutely remarkable art work... It hits all the marks that an educator or parents would want!"

Briar's Reviews (5-star review)





Unwrapping some exquisite illustrations for you to enjoy



















Unwrapping the Story






This timely and delightful book is the first in a brand new series.  It is created by the talented author of the bestselling "Snowman Paul Series".   

Yara, an indigenous little girl, lives with her mother deep in the rainforest in a humble hut.  Her world around her is in grave peril. Loud thundering noises are booming from monstrous machines and smoke is rising high into the air.  Strangers are cutting down her beloved trees and destroying the forest that she loves and needs to survive.  

"They are clearing the forest, they are now very near.
This is surely my end!" sighed a seedling with fear.

 One day while she is out foraging for berries and mushrooms a parrot named Chant leads her down a small path to the terrified plant. The Tawari seedling implores her to rescue him as his very life is in danger.  She responds by carefully digging him up and promises to take very good care of him.  

With the help of her mother Yara plants the trembling seedling who is very grateful for a new start and all the love that Yara is tenderly bestowing upon him.  How can he ever repay her for her unconditional kindness?  

 The story is written in couplets and the illustrations are vibrant, lush and rich. The rhymes and the visuals flow from page to page with ease. This quality children's book should be in every home, classroom and elementary school library. I highly, highly recommend it.  It is a winner on every level. 





Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!






Meet the author














Yossi Lapid was born in a small town in Romania where toy stores were absent, but stories and snowmen were abundant. He is the author of the multiple-award-winning Snowman Paul children's book seriesLapid was previously a college professor with a Ph.D. from Colombia University. He has three children and lives with his wife Susan and a little dog named Sasha in New Mexico.

















And now the illustrator







I'm a freelance illustrator from Poland. My work is based on traditional techniques; watercolor, crayons, ink. My passion is drawing for children. My childhood was all about crayons and books, then I was doing other things for a time – studying, working for a publishing house, taking care of my sons… and then my boys grew up and I discovered I had some free time again. So I returned to crayons and paints. This second beginning happened when I was nearly 40, but there was no particular event to trigger it.






Follow Storywraps





*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ


No comments: