Friday, February 14, 2020

"Catkwondo" - a bookwrap





NOOOOOO!  





Yep. Got it right now!  


Unwrapping 





Catkwondo

Authored by Lisl H. Detlefsen
Illustrated by Erin Hunting

* Ages:  4-7
* Grade Level:  K-2
* Hardcover:  32 pages
* Publisher:  Capstone Editions
* September 1, 2020
* Language: English



Unwrapping Some Wonderful Illustrations for You
















The Book 


Taekwondo Oath

I will observe the principles of taekwondo. 
I will respect the instructor and all senior ranks.
I will never misuse taekwondo.
I will be a champion of freedom and justice.
I will build a more peaceful world. 

A little impatient Kitten wants to break a board but she wants to do it instantly... like NOW!  She is about to learn some very valuable life lessons.  Some things require patience, hard work and determination before you can obtain your goal.  She practice lots and is dedicated to achieving her objective.  Will Kitten commit to persevere and never, ever give up? 

The book includes quite a few Korean terms and luckily they are translated in a glossary at the end of the book.  The illustrations are action-packed and the animal characters are adorable and relatable.  
The inspiring message?  Hard work does pay off if you have your heart set on attaining your goal.  Yes you can!  I highly recommend this book. 





Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!!!!!







Meet the Author





Lisl H. Detlefsen is the author of a growing number of picture books. Her first, TIME FOR CRANBERRIES (Macmillan/Roaring Brook Press, illustrated by Jed Henry) was a Junior Library Guild selection, a 2016 Notable Social Studies Trade Book for Young People (K–2), and the 2017 Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom Book of the Year.
 Lisl lives on a family-owned cranberry marsh near Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin with her husband and two sons. When not in her office or on the marsh, you can find Lisl on the web at www.lislhdbooks.com, on Twitter @lislhd, or on Facebook @lislhdbooks. She is represented by agent Jennifer Mattson of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency







About the Illustrator






Hi! I'm a Melbourne based illustrator and character designer who loves to create drawings for picture books and comics.
I have illustrated an upcoming picture book series (The Tooth Fairy Vs. Santa) with Penguin Random House (USA) drawn comic covers for Adventure Time, Rick and Morty and Jughead as well as written and drawn a Garfield comic for BOOM! Studios.
I have also created character designs and worked in visual development for Sesame Studios and Nickelodeon.









Follow Storywraps






*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps.  
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ



No comments: