Friday, March 6, 2020

"The Grizzly Itch" - a bookwrap








Meet Bear.  He's got a problem.  He's got an itch that he'd like to ditch.  Here's his story...


Unwrapping





The Grizzly Itch 

Authored and Illustrated by Victoria Cassanell

* Ages:  3-6
* Grade Level:  PS-2
* Publisher:  Pan MacMillan / MacMillan Childrens Books
* Pub. Date:  March 5, 2020
* Hardcover:  32 pages
* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Wonderful Illustrations for You
















The Book




"The Grizzly Itch" is the author's debut book. This is a delightful story that centres around a friendship between a bear and a beaver.  It's very enthralling how that friendship comes to be. 

"Something woke Bear up from his long winter sleep.  He had an itch. It was unBEARable."

He is in agony because it is a Grizzly Itch, one that he can't reach, and he needs to eradicate it.  Bear knows just what to do.

He seeks out a tree that is perfect for scratching but when he arrives at the site all the other bears in the forest are scratching away and a big line has formed.  Bear has to wait his turn.  Finally.  Unbeknownst to him Beaver is on the other side of the tree gnawing away.  TIMBER!   Bear is not amused because his itch isn't ditched!  Oh my!  Whatever shall he do to rid himself of that unBEARable irritation? 

Beaver feels bad when he learns of Bear's dilemma.  He takes Bear by the paw and assures him that he knows lots of other good trees and he will be glad to help Bear find one.  Unfortunately the trees that Beaver showcase are not suitable and Bear's itch intensifies.  As Beaver pacifies Bear by patting his back they discovers exactly what is needed to remedy that pesky itch!  Hurray Beaver saves the day! 

The illustrations are very well done and greatly enrich the text.  They are so well done that they could stand alone and morph the book into a graphic story.   The book highlights the elements of friendship, kindness, problem-solving and teamwork.  I highly recommend it.  





Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!








Meet the Author/Illustrator





Hi I'm Victoria and I'm an illustrator from Yorkshire.  I graduated with a first class BA Hons degree in Illustration from the Hull School of Art and Design in 2014 and completed the MA in Children's Book Illustration at the Cambridge School of Art 2018. My debut picture book 'The Grizzly Itch' published by Macmillan is released on 5th March 2020.Pan MacMillan/ MaMillan Childrens Books





Follow Storywraps










*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps.  
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ



No comments: