Wednesday, September 23, 2020

"There's a Chicken in My Kitchen" - a bookwrap

 


Unwrapping 






There's a Chicken in My Kitchen!


Authored by Susan Kinsey

Illustrated by George Paikidze



* Ages:  4-7

* Grades:  PS-2

* There's a Chicken in My Kitchen: Volume 2 of Pre-school Read-alongs

* Length:  36 pages

* Publisher:  CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

* Pub. Date:  Sept. 22, 2017

* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You


















The Book



This out-of-the-box bizarre book will be a hit with kids.  One winter morning a boy wakes up to the yummy aroma of breakfast being prepared in the kitchen.  When he heads downstairs to check it out he finds a chicken!  Yep, a chicken is preparing him a breakfast feast.  After gobbling down his food the chicken instructs the boy to get dressed and get ready for school.  On his way to his room to get ready he peeks in on his parents and he finds them both still sound asleep.  What in the world is going on?


This quirky, rhyming story has wonderful illustrations that are colourful,  detailed and lively.  I love how the author includes a segment on chicken facts at the end of the book which is both educational and entertaining for the young and the old. (me)  I highly recommend this fun book.     



Storywraps Rating 






Meet the Author





Originally from the East Coast, Susan moved to California with her mother and brother when she was five. In the sixth-grade, an arts and crafts teacher led the project of writing and illustrating storybooks to read to the Kindergarteners. She fell in love with the process and continued writing fiction through high school and college. Majoring in Child Development, she worked as an child caregiver, pre-school teacher and Director, and in school age programs. Those experiences led her to write for young audiences, and she plans to continue forward with more Y/A novels and branch into thrillers.


Other works such as Susan's pre-school books: "The Spider With So Many Shoes" and "There's a Chicken in My Kitchen" are available on amazon in hard copy and in the Kindle e-book store. 



Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca
*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps

I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  
I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   

Read on.....Read always!
It's a wrap! 


πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: