Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Crocodile Hungry - a bookwrap

 

Unwrapping




Crocodile Hungry 


Authored by Eij Sumner

Illustrated by John Martz



Specs


*Ages:  

* Grade Level:  PS-2

* Length:  40 pages

* Publisher:  Tundra Books Publication

* Pub. Date:  



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You




















The Book



I love this book and my prediction is that kids will love it too.   It's a perfect read aloud and I guarantee giggles will ensue.  It's fun surprise ending is perfect!  


Crocodile is hungry and he goes through his options as what he can eat.  He sorts through his fridge and what does he find? 


"Canned ham? Too hard to open.

Beef jerky?  Gets stuck in teeth. 

Eggs?  Bite shell, get toothache."


Oh my... he must expand his menu and off he goes to the farmer's market, the local grocery story and seeks out the community garden but ... nope... he comes up with nothing!  


He's hungry, he's famished, he is wasting away and starts crying crocodile tears because of his misery.  Crocodile wants food NOW!


His distress drives him to a pond where a flock of pink flamingos fly in for a visit.  Will Crocodile finally get the tasty meal he has been longing for? Mmmmmmm...what's for his dinner I wonder!


The colourful illustrations by cartoonist John Martz are excellent.  They invite the reader right into the storyline and are full of expression and great fun.  This is Eija Sumner's debut book and I hope we hear a whole lot more from her as we move into the future.  I highly, highly recommend this book.  Great job!


Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗



Meet the Author






EIJA SUMNER has an MFA from Hamline University in writing for children and young adults. While a student at Hamline, Eija received the T.A. Barron Fellowship for Excellence in Fantasy Writing, the Anne Tews Schwab Award for Excellence in Critical Writing and the Frances and Kermit Rudolf Scholarship Award. She lives in Idaho with her husband, three children, two cats and one red-eyed bunny (but no crocodiles).


About the Illustrator







JOHN MARTZ is an illustrator, cartoonist and designer. He is the author and illustrator of Evie and the Truth About Witches, Burt's Way Home, A Cat Named Tim and Other Stories and Destination X, and the illustrator of How to Give Your Cat a Bath, Dear Flyary and Who's On First?. His work can also been seen in The Nib. John is the art director for Penguin Random House Canada Young Readers. He lives in Toronto and has never eaten a flamingo.



Follow Storywraps 



*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... http:/ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 


I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜   



No comments: