Thursday, April 7, 2022

"A Little Bit of Respect" - a bookwrap



Social and Emotional Learning with Claire Alexander (Quarto Classroom)


Unwrapping







A Little Bit of Respect

By Claire Alexander

Editor:  Emily Pither



Specs


* Ages:  3+

* Grade Level:  PS+

* Hardcover:  32 pages

* Publisher:  Happy Yak

* Pub. Date:  May 3, 2022

* ISBN-13: 978071126447

* Language:  English 


Unwrapping Some Illustrations 

















The Book



The Ploofers have returned in a new heart-warming book that explores self-awareness and respect. 


They are visiting a new island and are looking forward to meeting and mingling with its occupants.  Everything seems to be going well until one islander targets Little One and calls him cutie pie.  He is not amused. 


"Someone keeps calling me cute, and cutie pie, and sleepy weepy, and I don"t like it." 


 Those words make Little One feel small and insignificant and makes him angry and frustrated.  He knows he must somehow face these feelings head on but how can he do it?   


With help from a friend he confronts the islander who is making him feel very uncomfortable.


"Well, I don't like it when you call me cute.  It makes me feel small. I may be small but I still need a little bit of respect."

Will Little One's assertion and standing up for himself pay off and will he get an apology?  


The illustrations are extremely well done and the cutaway cover design adds a wonderful tactile touch.  I love the fun surprise at the end.  It made me laugh. Great ending to a great book! 



 Both young and old can benefit from the life lesson taught in this story.  It is important to have self-respect and respect others as you go through life.  I highly recommend this book. 



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗



Meet the Author/Illustrator






Claire Alexander is an award-winning picture book author and illustrator based in London. She is the illustrator of Humperdink Our Elephant Friend and The Snowbear and the author-illustrator of A Little Bit Different, Back to Front and Upside Down, That's When I Knew, Millie Shares, and Monkey and the Little One. Claire earned a BA in painting from the Kent Institute of Art and Design and studied children's illustration at Putney School of Art and Design. Claire teaches her own course on writing and illustrating picture books in local libraries, bookshops, and at the House of Illustration in London. She regularly visits schools and enjoys drawing for children.




Follow Storywraps



*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button...  http:/ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.   


That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 


I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps’ community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Remember that books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜




No comments: