Monday, April 11, 2022

The Princess and the Pea - a bookwrap

 

Unwrapping







The Princess and the Pea

Fairy-Tale Phonics

Authored by Susan Purcell

Illustrated by Charlotte Cook



Specs



* Ages:  5-7

Grade Level:  1-2

* Hardcover:  24 pages

* Publisher:  Windmill Books

* Pub. Date:  Jan. 1, 2022

*ISBN:  1499487142,  9781499487169

* Language: English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations 



















The Book



The Princess and the Pea is a classic fairy tale that is a love story with intriguing characters and a plot that will keep kids engaged until the very end of the story.  This re-telling, refreshing, retake of the classic enables readers to not only enjoy the tale but incorporates ways to understand phonic skills and become more proficient readers.  


The book includes interactive activities which allow kids to practise skills which will enable them to identify letters and sounds thus allowing them to read independently more successfully.  


I love the whimsical illustrations.  They are colourful, vibrant and detailed.  They visually make the text come alive.  Fairy-tale phonics is part of series of classic fairy tales for beginning readers and the book includes guidance for teachers/facilitators/caregivers to help them disclose the content for early learners resulting in less stress and worry.  This would be a great asset in a classroom setting or if one is homeschooling their children.  I suggest that the book be presented in stages as the book focuses on a lot of phonics at one sitting which could overwhelm some novice readers.  I recommend this book. 


Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

 


Follow Storywraps


*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... http:/ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.   


That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 


I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps’ community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Remember that books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜

No comments: