Monday, May 2, 2011

Raindrops keep falling on my head....

THey keep falling on my head, my shoulders, my coat, everywhere! It is another gloomy, wet day in Mississauga. Seems like the clouds are releasing teardrops and the sun is blocked to expose the new and sunny month of May. The great news is that my lawn is greening up and some of my plants are ready to blossom. It is fun to look into the garden and see all the beautiful, scented flowers shining in their glory when the sun peeks through. I have a few children"s garden books to tell you about today. Gardening is fun, creative and educational so make sure you involve your child in the planting/weeding/tending process. Digging in the dirt can be very soothing to the soul too. It also can be a great time of discovery. Plan on issuing garden gloves, all the garden tools and gadgets you can and a proper garden hat to your little gardener for that special occasion. Let your child poke, dig and mess around guilt-free freeing their spirit to commune with the earth. Dirt is amazing. Plants are exciting. Being outdoors is healthy. Here are a few books that I recommend to give you some creative ideas with this exciting outdoor project.

1. Roots Shoots Bucket Boots: Activities To Do in the Garden by Sharon Lovejoy

2. I Love Dirt: 52 Activities to help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature by
Jennifer Ward

3. Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney

Digging in the mud can also an adventure. Wet or dry dirt rocks! Read on.

No comments: