Monday, June 20, 2011

Winding down...finishing off...almost there

Kids are tired, hot, ready for summer break. They get antsy and just want it all over with. Not only the kids are feeling the heat but the teacher's are too. Everyone is waiting until that final bell rings and school will be out for summer. Here is a cute little poem with those exact sentiments that I hope you will enjoy.


t’s June (And I’m Still In School)
by
Greg Pincus

I’ll tell you something most uncool –
It’s June… and I am still in school.
I’ve got some friends whose year is done.
They’re sleeping in. They’re having fun.
Next week they’ll only play and rest
While I will take an English test.
And when they run and laugh and swim...
Guess what? I’m stuck in math and gym.
It isn’t right. It isn’t fair.
I need the late spring’s fresh, warm air.
It’s not that I hate school at all.
I’ll gladly come back in the fall.
And sure, vacation’s coming soon,
But I’m in school. And. It. Is. June!

Our theme this week will be counting down those days until "freedom" arrives. As the kids get their freedom parents get?.....they get?....lots more responsibility and a whole slew of kids to
entertain. With a bundle of books, a great sense of humour, and a wonderful sense of adventure you can and will have a great summer together. Read on.

No comments: