Friday, June 17, 2011

Book it up....



Love this quote:


"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves." - Anna Quindlen


Be sure to "book up" your home. They are wonderful to set around in baskets or on shelves or bookcases. You can put them in the bathroom so people can read there, beside your bedside if you want to curl up and indulge or anywhere your imagination takes you. Books are wonderful to set on your coffee table so visitors can browse while you are making them that second cup of coffee. Book shelves in the kitchen can consists of recipe books and of course you need a special spot for your morning newspaper. I personally use picture books a lot during holiday seasons such as Christmas. I place my favourite stories on my mantle or on my stair case. If done tastefully, (not cluttered and inhibiting space) they are a perfect touch to show others that your house is full of readers, you value the written word and hopefully you will be an inspiration to them to do the same. Showing off your books lures you to pick up those classics and read them again and again. Read on.

No comments: