Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer is winding down....

The lazy, hazy days of summer are coming to a close and our busy life schedules are picking up. I know I have been trying to sneak in a few more vacation days, be out in the garden more and try to relax knowing what is ahead of me. This week brings last minute clothes shopping for my youngest, book buying for school, early registration, soccer awards night (my son was so blessed to have been on the team that won the championship) and on and on and on. I have to remember when I am out and about to eyeball the clearance racks for books that my family may enjoy in the upcoming winter months, pull into that latent garage sale which perhaps houses a few books on those tables, or while online click to amazon or chapters and add to my wish list. Book buying should be as natural as breathing. Bookmark that phrase in your mind...books are as natural as breathing.
Do not forget the library. Where else can you get great books for free? I feel sad at times when I go there and see the limited amount of people who use this great service. Get your library card and you are good to go. Kids get a personalized on too and off they go to activate it. The library offers fantastic programs, dvd's, cd, magazines, computer borrowing and so much more. Get familiar with your local library, get your kids in there using their services Books do not have to be expensive. Borrow them from the library. It is so much fun to watch your children pick out the books that they want to read and know they can actually sign them out for free. Be book-minded this season. Gear up for school but gear up for the upcoming cooler weather and more time to indulge in reading. Read on.

No comments: