Here are some books that may help you on your quest to help your child to be a successful, lifelong reader:
1. Big Words for Little Kids:Step-by-Step Advanced Vocabulary Building by Charan Langton and Michael Levin M.D.
2. The Reading Lesson by the same above authors
3. 250 Vocabulary Words Kids Need to Know: 24 Reading-To-Produce Packets That Make Vocabulary Building Fun abd Effective by Linda Ward Beech
4.Teaching with Favourite Mem Fox Books - teaching about feelings, families and friendship ( she is one of my favourite kid authors)
5.Teaching with Favourite Ezra Jack Keats Books
6. Small Rooms for Kids by Taschen
7. Invisible Children by Mike Tikkanen
There is lots of help out there. Get involved. Make reading a priority in your home. Don't leave your child's success up to the educational system. You can do it. You are totally bonded to your child and now is the time to step up and sew some positive, reading seeds into your child's life. Read on.