Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday mania

Hope your weekend was awesome and you got some down time to curl up and read. The quote of the week is by Mark Twain: Classic - a book people praise but don't read. There is a lot of truth in that statement, so much so that I intentionally looked up a book list of classic books and started buying them so I, myself, could say...."Yes I have read that." There are many, many classics out there for children to read too. This week I am going to be pointing to some of the "must read" storybooks/novels that should be introduced your child. We tend to go with the current, fad, television-based books and miss the true, all-time favourites for our child. If you know of a any book that you have come across that needs to be highlighted please comment and tell us about it. We need to expose these fantastic, tried and true pieces of literature to each other as well as our children. I did not want it to be said of me that such and such a book was a must-read and I did not read it or even know it existed. The older written books are full of poetic words, high morals and standards of family living and of course, unforgettable characters and plots. Stay tuned as we explore the world of children's (and probably some adult) classics this week.
Read on.

No comments: