The holiday season is a time for late nights, daily excitement and your kids not wanting to call it a day. In all the hustle and bustle you may find the regular routine of a quiet "put down" is out of the question. Here is a little something that may just what you are needing as you tuck your overtired little tot into bed.
Five Finger Tuck In
Hold up child’s hand and start listing all the positive attributes about that child starting with his/her pinkie.
I love you because....
1) you helped mommy pick up all your toys and put them neatly away
2) you ate all your vegetables on your plate at dinner even though I knew you didn’t like them too much
3) you chose to read a book today instead of playing with your lego
4) you wiped away your little sister’s tears and gave her a great big hug all by yourself when she fell down and hurt herself
5) and you shared your crayons and markers with your little sister even though she had her own and wouldn’t share hers with you
Kiss the closed hand and place it on your heart...
I will love you now and forever my son, you are a gift to our family OR
my daughter, you are a gift to our family
You can then get your child to say 5 positive attributes about you using your hand and have it sealed with a kiss of love. 0000000Good night.
As someone famous for this holiday said, "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"
Blessings and read on.