This special day is almost upon us. The official date is March 17th. It is a day to dress in green, eat green food, listen to fiddle music and talk in riddles. Shamrocks, leprechauns and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow rule the day. Have a fun, fun time with your kids on this day all around this theme.
What could you do to enrich the St. Paddy's Day Theme in your family? Mmmmm....well you could:
1. Put green food colouring in some icing and bake up some cupcakes to share.
2. Find something green to put on and wear for the day.
3. Find some templates of St. Patrick's Day online for your kids to colour, cut out and decorate.
4. Listen to some Irish music, perhaps the Irish Rover's song, The Unicorn
5. Find some books related to the day and read them aloud together, as a family, at dinner time.
6. Have a "green" treasure hunt. Find various items around your house that are green and hide them
all around. Give your kids a bag or container and let them go a-hunting to find the items.
7. Online there should be lots of St. Patrick's Day poems. Run some off and read them together.
8. Take photos of your St. Patrick's Day dinner party. Put them in a special occasion booklet to enjoy!
9. The Irish would say as a greeting while tipping their hat, "The top of the morning to ya."
10. You can end your time with an Irish blessings like the one below:
You can go on and on....use your imagination, celebrate the occasion and have fun!
Read on and read always! Have a wonderful weekend and celebration of this awesome day!