Monday, April 15, 2013

Another feline poem....just for fun



My Kitten Won't Stop Talking


My kitten won't stop talking.
She just prattles night and day.
She walks around repeating
nearly everything I say.

My kitten never says, "Meow."
She never even purrs.
She mimics me instead
in that annoying voice of hers.

She waits for me to speak,
and then she copies every word,
or begs me for a cracker,
or says, "I'm a pretty bird."

I'm not sure what to do, and so
I simply grin and bear it.
She's been this way since yesterday;
that's when she ate my parrot.
--Kenn Nesbitt



Copyright © 2010 Kenn Nesbitt. All Rights Reserved.


Ken Nesbitt is a fabulous kid's poet.  He is funny, witty and sure to have your child in stitches as you read his poems out loud together.   Check out his work at:  www.poetry4kids.com

No comments: