Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter Monday to you



Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend and can spend this day recovering and relaxing before another busy week whisks you off into new adventures.  Here is today's book quote.  Hope you can figure out both the title of the book and the author.

                            " It was a dark and stormy night."

Here are some cute "after Easter poems" to still keep you in the Easter spirit but wrap up the season as well.


CHOCOLATE RABBIT
I got a chocolate rabbit
For an Easter treat,
A great big chocolate rabbit,
Good enough to eat.
So I ate his ears on Sunday,
his nose I finished Monday,
Tuesday I nibbled on his feet.
I ate his tail on Wednesday,
Thursday I kept on,
By Friday he was going,
Saturday he was gone.
Oh, I loved that chocolate rabbit,
From the moment that he came,
And if I get another one,
I’ll love him just the same.





Jelly Bean Stew
I’m making Jelly Bean stew
And this is what I’ll add
Every color of jelly beans
All the kinds I’ve had
We’ll put in a pinch of magic
One rainbow, finely diced
And to add to the mixture
A little sugar and spice
Then to give it the right taste
We’ll add a child’s dream
Add some imagination
Now to let it steam
This is how to make Jelly Bean Stew
In a imaginary way
This will make you smile
And maybe brighten your day







Read on and read always!  Have a wonderful day everyone.

No comments: