Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday morning freedom.....



Happy Saturday everyone and welcome to a more relaxed Storywraps this morning.  Here is the answer to yesterday's book quote.

 First the quote: "The first place that I can remember was a large pleasant meadow with a pond of clear water in it."

            The title of the book and author where this is taken is, "Black Beauty" by Anna Sewell.





Just going to have fun today and give you a few poems from Kenn Nesbitt's website, Poetry4kids.com.   If you haven't visited it yet you are in for a treat for sure. Please check it out.



My Mouse is Misbehaving

A Funny Computer Poem for Kids
My mouse is misbehaving
and my keyboard's on the fritz.
The computer's not computing,
but is dropping bytes and bits.

The hard drive's click-click-clicking
and the printer's spitting ink.
The CD's started stuttering.
The screen is on the blink.

The memory is failing.
Things are grinding to a halt.
And, even worse, I realize
it's probably my fault.

I thought it would be funny.
It was really just a joke.
I never thought the whole computer
might go up in smoke.

I guess I learned my lesson:
When it comes to your PCs,
it's best if you don't ever try
to feed the mouse some cheese.
--Kenn Nesbitt


I Wrote an Awful Poem

From the book The Armpit of Doom

I wrote an awful poem;
it was bad in the extreme.
I showed it to my sister
and it made my sister scream.

I gave it to my mother
and she promptly flipped her lid.
My father blew a gasket,
and my baby brother hid.

I brought my poem with me
when I came to school today.
My teacher nearly fainted
and my friends all ran away.

I never knew a poem could be
such amazing fun,
but that was such a blast,
I think I'll write another one.
--Kenn Nesbitt

A Funny School Poem for Kids
From the book Revenge of the Lunch Ladies

Today I had a rotten day.
As I was coming in from play
I accidentally stubbed my toes
and tripped and fell and whacked my nose.
I chipped a tooth. I cut my lip.
I scraped my knee. I hurt my hip.
I pulled my shoulder, tweaked my ear,
and got a bruise upon my rear.
I banged my elbow, barked my shin.
A welt is forming on my chin.
My pencil poked me in the thigh.
I got an eyelash in my eye.
I sprained my back. I wrenched my neck.
I'm feeling like a total wreck.
So that's the last time I refuse
when teacher says to tie my shoes.
--Kenn Nesbitt

Enjoy your Saturday. Curl up with a good book to both share with your little ones or indulge in yourself.     Have a wonderful weekend everyone and see you back here again on Monday!  Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there.  May you have a very special day filled with love from your family members and beyond.  

Remember to read on and read always!

No comments: