Saturday, January 23, 2016

Oscar time!! - moviewraps







What are the Oscars?...  according to Wikipedia


The Academy Awards, or "Oscars", is an annual American awards ceremony honoring cinematic achievements in the film industry. The various category winners are awarded a copy of a statuette, officially called the Academy Award of Merit, which has become commonly known by its nickname "Oscar". The awards, first presented in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, are overseen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS).[1][2]

The 2016 Oscar Nominations include many family-friendly movies.  I have selected ten to highlight for you today. The 88th Annual Academy Awards telecast will air February 28, 2016, on ABC.  








Tons of barn-animal fun in sweet stop-motion adventure.   

Ages 5+

***** Stars



Gorgeous, breathtaking, but it's the same beloved fairy tale.

Ages 6+

*** Stars









So well done, original story about handling big feelings.

Ages 6+

***** Stars







Poignant hand-drawn story promotes family, environmentalism.

Ages 7+

**** Stars







Beautifully animated but slow tale about unique friendship.


Ages 9+

***Stars












Epic Star Wars sequel is all it was expected to be. Action and great performances.

Ages 10+

*****Stars







Excellent space thriller mixes peril, charm, real science.

Ages 12+

****Stars






Cold War thriller focuses on tension over action.

Ages 13+

****Stars







Feel-good Rocky-saga drama is a hit for sure.

Ages 13+

***Stars










Poignant immigration drama is romantic, thought-provoking.

Ages 14+

****Stars




I have always loved books, music, dancing, live theatre and movies.  The arts are tattooed deep inside of me and I have no trouble sharing my passion and love for unfathomable imaginations and inconceivable creativity, no matter what form it is presented in.  It seems one flows into the other as books are made into movies, songs lyrics wrap around movie productions etc., and we, the audience get to sit back and enjoy the printed word and our very world around us come alive.  

Have a beautiful weekend and next week let's do this all again with new and exciting ideas and books that I can unwrap for you to enjoy with your kids.  





Follow me:  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1





I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog on the right hand corner (above my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 





Read on and read always!


It's a wrap.

No comments: