Tuesday, August 9, 2016

You've Got Me - a musicwrap







Furry alligator puppies, run-away socks, musical skeletons and flying ships are just a few of the wonders you'll encounter in Sara Lovell's fanciful world of songs for children and families.




Unwrapping...


A musical  Love Letter




"You've Got Me"
Sara Lovell

All ages
Beautiful cover artwork by Anna Silivonchik of 
Belarus



Praise reports...

"Sara Lovell makes music that is always passionate." - Performing Songwriter Magazine

"This girl hypnotized me.  Imagine yourself a music mix between Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Prince, Peter Gabriel... - Melodica.net





About the Album...




This musical treat is a celebration of the unbreakable connection between a parent and child and is Sara's first album for kids and families.  "You've Got Me" is for release on September 16, 2016. 

Sara is a singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist with a wide-range of musical interests and three critically acclaimed albums to her credit.  She says the album is a love letter to her son, as well as a love letter to other parents and children: to parents who sing and tell stories to their kids and to the children who flourish with joy and creativity.

It follows a day in the life of a child, beginning with a song to rouse even the sleepiest sleepyhead and concluding with a reflective lullaby as the sun goes down.  


"You've Got Me" incorporates genres as diverse as '70-s-influenced pop, reggaeton, Afro-Caribbean, klezmer, and lounge. It is noteworthy to highlight that throughout she uses very creative use of instrumentation.  The album is a delightful smorgasbord of multi-layered harmonies, and interesting sounds such as fingertips on steel drum, uke bass, or her Martin 10 string tiple, just to name a few.  




About Sara...



In her own words:


Sara explained, "I've been a composer and songwriter for the majority of my life, but I put music-making on hold for a while when I made plans to become a parent.  I moved to a new city, renovated my house, set up my recording studio and got on the waiting list for adoption.  My beautiful son came, and for the next four and a half years I hummed and sang little bits and pieces of songs and played one-armed lullabies into my phone recorder."

Sara Lovell grew up in Westfield, New Jersey and Toledo, Ohio. She began playing music as soon as she could reach the family piano bur waited until the ripe old age of four to begin formal lessons.  She composed her first piece at age seven and began writing songs with lyrics at thirteen. At age sixteen she had a regular restaurant gig where she sang and played her favourite songs, including some of her originals.  After music studies at Indiana University, Sara spent several months songwriting in Nashville, followed by several years in New York City working as a composer, songwriter and singer in the jingle business. She then moved westward, first to San Francisco, then to Los Angeles, before finally settling in Berkeley, California. 

Sara's recordings for adults include Coming To (2002), and Solo (1995)


For more information check out: www.saralovell.com



###



"You've Got Me" Track List


We Get Up In The Morning
Furry Alligator Puppy
I Can't Wait
Oh I'm Bored
Dance Like there's Music In Your Pants
I Can Tell We're Gonna Be Friends
Run Fast Little Rabbit
Don't Play The Piano With Your Nose
Everybody Has A Body
The Midnight Secret Sock Monster
An Unbreakable Cord
You've Got Me
Pajama Party
Off To Bed We Go
Look At The Stars
The Skeleton Band
Night Night Golden Sun



Run Time: 55 minutes



Available at amazon.com, iTunes, CD Baby, and saralovell.com





Follow me  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog on the right hand corner (above my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 



 

Read on and read always!
It's a wrap!

No comments: