Saturday, November 19, 2016

Sesame Street Full Epsiodes: Grover - Monster At The End of This Book - a bookwrap















Sesame Street, the non-profit educational organization behind Sesame Street, announced the celebration of the 45th anniversary of the beloved children's title "The Monster at the End of This Book."






Unwrapping some illustrations in random order...

























It was first published in 1971 and has sold more than 12 million copies globally, making it the best-selling trade book in Sesame Street's 47-year history.  

For over four decades, Sesame Street has helped kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder by providing preschoolers with the gold-standard in educational and entertaining content. Fans from all areas of the world and all ages have been enthralled by Grover's attempts to prevent them from reaching the end of the book, only to turn the page and discover that the monster is non-other than Grover himself!  Who knew?  

The book was written by Sesame Street's first visionary director and executive producer, Jon Stone, and illustrated by well-known children's book illustrator, Mike Smollin, this iconic title has never been out of print and is available in various formats from Penguin Random House Children's Books, including Little Golden Book, Big Golden Book, and board book.

"The Monster at the End of This Book is a timeless story, which Sesame Street fans have enjoyed and shared with their children for generations," said Jennifer A. Perry, Vice President and Publisher, North America Media Products at Sesame Workshop." "It remains relevant today in supporting families as they teach preschoolers about strength, making decisions, and overcoming their fears with help from their furry friend, Grover.  We fully expect to be introducing this funny, relatable, beloved classic to new Sesame Street kids for many years to come. " 


“I recall the first time I read The Monster at the End of This Book feeling a small twinge of fear about what I might find on the last page,” said Dr. David L. Hill, Chair of the American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Communications and Media. “I remember my sense of empowerment as I broke through ropes, boards, and bricks in my determination to get there. And I remember my relief at finding my beloved Grover, and then my sympathy at his embarrassment for feeling afraid in the first place.”







About Sesame Workshop



Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit sesameworkshop.org.



Storywraps rating:  Hugs to infinity and beyond.......





Follow me  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog on the right hand corner (above my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on and read always! 

It's a wrap.

No comments: