Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Laurie Berkner: " The Dance Remixes" - a musicwrap










Laurie Berkner: The Dance Remixes
Iconic Tunes for Kids Sparkle With EDM Makeover

Laurie Berkner: The Dance Remixes

To Be Released September 22nd




“The queen of children’s music.” – People Magazine
 “The Adele of the preschool crowd.”  The New York Times

“In the world of children’s music, Laurie Berkner isn’t just popular, she’s an icon.”
 The Denver Post











Take 14 of The Laurie Berkner Band’s most beloved songs for kids, give them a modern-day twist, and remix them into electronic dance songs that all ages will adore. That’s the recipe for legendary children’s musician Laurie Berkner’s new album, Laurie Berkner: The Dance Remixes, set for release on September 22nd


Laurie Berkner: The Dance Remixes will be available for download at all digital retailers, including iTunes, Amazon Digital, Google Play, and more. Physical CDs will be available at all Laurie Berkner concerts and at www.laurieberkner.com.













In her own words



Says Laurie Berkner, “I first thought of making an Electronic Dance Music album of my songs when I realized I was getting a lot of YouTube and Twitter followers who were teenagers. They had grown up on my music and were writing comments like ‘You were my whole childhood!’ or ‘I’ve always loved your songs and still do. I’m so glad I found you on here!’ So, I started to think about ways that I could connect more with those kids.
“I had also noticed how popular EDM was with toddlers and preschoolers, as well as their parents. EDM is so infectious, it almost dares you to TRY not dancing to it! Suddenly the idea of making EDM remixes of my classic songs emerged as the perfect way to combine new music for young kids and their parents with a nostalgic gift to teens who were still fans.”






FYI



Engineered by three-time GRAMMY winner Dave Darlington, Laurie Berkner: The Dance Remixes presents an exciting new take on songs that have become early childhood cornerstones for an entire generation, now remixed as great dancing tunes for toddlers, tweens, teens, and beyond. 

Older kids will fondly recognize the catchy songs they grew up with, like “Victor Vito,” “Bumblebee (Buzz Buzz),” and “My Family,” while preschoolers new to Laurie’s music will have great fun boogieing to all the infectious beats.




About Laurie







A former preschool music teacher by day and indie rocker by night, Laurie Berkner started marketing her music twenty years ago from her living room on her own label, Two Tomatoes Records.  She is now widely recognized as a pioneer in the “kindie” music genre and was crowned “the undisputed queen of kindie rock” by USA Today.  The Wall Street Journal noted “Her music is distinctive because it speaks to kids without talking down to them, charming youngsters without boring grown-ups.” 
Laurie has previously released eleven bestselling, award-winning albums.

Visit www.laurieberkner.com for more about The Laurie Berkner Band. 






Laurie Berkner: The Dance Remixes Track List:


 *We Are The Dinosaurs (Dance Remix)
*Drive My Car (Dance Remix)
*I Really Love To Dance (Dance Remix)
*Bumblebee (Buzz Buzz) (Dance Remix)
*Monster Boogie (Dance Remix)
*Where Is The Cake? (Dance Remix)
*I’m Gonna Catch You (Dance Remix)
*The Cat Came Back (Dance Remix)
*Telephone (Dance Remix)
*BOOTS (Dance Remix)
*Rocketship Run (Dance Remix)
*Shake Your Body Down (Dance Remix)
*BONUS: My Family (Dance Remix)
*BONUS: Victor Vito (Dance Remix)




CD Details: Laurie Berkner: The Dance Remixes
Release date:  September 22, 2017
For ages toddler to teen
Label:  Two Tomatoes Records; distributed by Razor & Tie

Run time: 47 minutes



To follow Storywraps:  



*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on and read always!

It's a wrap.

No comments: