Wednesday, April 18, 2018

"Love, Sugar and Cookie" - a bookwrap

















Unwrapping






"Love, Sugar & Cookie"
Created by Susan Marie Chapman

Ages:  2+
Grade Level:  PS+



Unwrapping some sweet, sweet photos for you to enjoy







































About the book



This charming book is a true story.  It stars two adorable twin sisters and their special love for each other. They were born on the same day just minutes apart.  Cookie is very, very tiny weighing in at only three pounds while her sister Sugar is much bigger and weights seven pounds.  Although they are the same they are very, very different. 

Crisp, clear photos visually tell their story backed up by a simple text which lends itself to a shared read or a solo one.  The photos were taken over the years and they document the two little darlings, eating, going out for walks (or not), shopping, riding shotgun in mom's car, meeting up with friends and even modelling, just to cite a few.  The author points out their similarities and their differences as they journey through life.  

The author knew right away that these adorable little fur-balls were special as people smiled and took pictures of them everywhere they went and the very presence of these cute bundles-of-joy made people extremely happy.  Their zest for life and joyous personalities are infectious and people walk away after encountering them feeling happy and energized because of their cuteness overload they are so willing to share.  

I am a dog-lover myself and own three.  I certainly can concur with the author about the joy and happiness that my dogs bring into my own life.  I always say the things they do and the loads of love they give back to me every single day make my heart smile.  This is a wonderful book and I know kids will fall in love with Sugar and Cookie just as I did.  I highly recommend it. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!!!!!











 Meet the author




I grew up on a farm in Southern Pennsylvania, and am the oldest of eight children. While in sixth grade, I wrote a short story about animals. My teacher, Mrs. Backon, helped me with the grammar. Teachers can be the most wonderful gift to their students. I still think of her to this day and how she helped mold me into the person I am today. My story won an award and was published in a magazine. I was also the sports editor and then editor in chief of our school paper in high school.
I attended colleges in Pennsylvania, earning an Associate Degree in Business from The Business School of Widener University and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Wilkes University. I returned to school years later to earn a Certification in Interior Decorating from Philadelphia University.
After obtaining my degrees, I met my husband and stayed at home to raise our two beautiful children, whom I am very proud of.
I now reside in Miami Beach, Florida, with my two furry children: SUGAR AND COOKIE.






Follow Storywraps






*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


 

Read on!
Read always!

No comments: