Tuesday, November 13, 2018

"NinjaCamp" - a bookwrap








What is a ninja?  According to Merriam-Webster a ninja is a person trained in ancient Japanese martial arts and employed especially for espionage and assassinations.  (hopefully not the last part of the definition here! No!) A person who excels in a particular skill or activity. 



Unwrapping 






"Ninja Camp"

Authored by Sue Flies
Illustrated by Jen Taylor 

* Ages: 4-8
* Grade Level: PK - 3 
* Hardcover: 32 pages
* Publisher: Running Press Kids
* Pub. Date: January 8, 2019
* Language: English




Some fantastic illustrations to enjoy





















Unravelling the book




First let me start off by saying that Sue Flies is a very gifted children's storyteller.  I have had the privilege of reviewing several of her other books and everyone is excellent. "Ninja Camp" is another winner!  

Get ready for some action as an enthusiastic group of kids head off to Ninja camp to learn all the skills they need to become mighty ninja warriors.  They must listen carefully to the ninja master and in so doing he teaches them how to be sly, swift, strong and speedy.  Once they have perfected these skills only then will they qualify for the coveted title of Ninja of the Night!   Oh my do you think this motley crew of  ninja wanna-bees will make the grade?   I think they just might as they are all fired up to go. 

The book is full of action and stresses the importance of teamwork.  Written in rhyme the words flow and ebb perfectly as cool ninja warriors evolve right in front of your very eyes.  Kids will love this fun entertaining book and so will parents.  Ninja Camp isn't easy to conquer but oh the euphoric feeling when the fight is won and true Ninjas of the Night emerge.  I highly, highly recommend this book.  



Storywraps Rating - 5+++ HUGS!!!!!







Meet the talented author






Hi, my name is Sue Fliess (pronounced "fleece") and I'm the author of numerous children's books including Tons of Trucks, Shoes for Me!, Robots, Robots Everywhere! and The Hug Book. My background is in copywriting, PR, and marketing, and my articles have appeared in O the Oprah Magazine, Huffington Post, Writer's Digest, Education.com, Daily Candy Kids, Travelmuse.com, and more. I'm super excited because my Oprah Magazine article was chosen for inclusion in O's Little Books of Happiness! I've also written stories for The Walt Disney Company.My picture books have received honors from the Society of Children's Books Writers and Illustrators, have been used as curriculum tools in schools, in museum educational programs, and have even been translated into French and Chinese.After spending 17 years in sunny Northern California, my family moved to beautiful Northern Virginia, where we live with our English Labrador named Charlie and way too many mosquitoes.






 About the illustrator








My name is Jen Taylor and I’m an illustrator, animator, arts and crafts enthusiast, and a graduate of University of the Arts in Philadelphia where I earned a fancy BFA in illustration and animation. I currently live in New Jersey with my wonderful husband.









Follow Storywraps







*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: