Thursday, March 7, 2019

My Furry Foster Family- Truman the Dog- a bookwrap





















Meet Truman.  "T" is for Truman, tricks, and TROUBLE!"  Oh my!  Here's his story...  enjoy. 









Unwrapping







Truman the Dog (My Furry Foster Family) 
by Debbi Michiko Florence
illustrated by Melanie Demmer


* Age Range: 5-7
* Grade Level: K-2
* Series: My Furry Foster Family
* Paperback: 72 pages
* Publisher:  Picture Window Books
* Pub. Date: August 1, 2019
* Language: English



Unwrapping some fun illustrations for you to enjoy


















Unwrapping the book





Truman, a spunky back lab, needs foster care before he finds his forever home.  The Takano family has volunteered to have him come and stay with them indefinitely until a home can be found.  

He is full of mischief and keeps the family on alert each and every day.  Eight-year-old Kaita gets very attached to him even though he is a little rascal.  Will he find a family who wants to adopt him and keep him always?  Will Kaita be able to let him go knowing his stay with her family was only temporary? 

"Truman the Dog" is part of the "My Furry Foster Family" series. This simple and inspiring chapter book has fun, kid-friendly illustrations that are very relatable.  The author has included a glossary at the end of the book of words that may be unfamiliar to the young reader.  

The story is charming, the message is positive: rescue animals are available to love and blend into your family.  Both parties are happy winners when that happens.  I highly recommend this book. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!







Meet the author







I am the author of the chapter book series, Jasmine Toguchi, about a spunky 8-year-old Japanese American girl. Jasmine Toguchi Mochi QueenJasmine Toguchi Super Sleuth, Jasmine Toguchi Drummer Girl,  and Jasmine Toguchi Flamingo Keeper are all available for purchase now.  See what people are saying about the books.
Before I started writing as my career, I worked at a pet store, volunteered as a raptor rehabilitator, interned as a zookeeper’s aide, taught fifth grade, and was the Associate Curator of Education for the Detroit Zoo.

A third generation Japanese American and a native Californian, I was born in San Francisco and raised in Los Angeles. I’ve called many places home – Michigan, Mexico, Massachusetts, New York, and China. Today, I live in Connecticut with my husband, a rescue dog named Kiku, a bunny named Aki, and two ducks named Darcy and Lizzy. I love to travel with my husband and daughter. Some of my favorite places are Tokyo, Kyoto, Paris, and Provence.







About the illustrator




Melanie is an American artist born and raised in Plymouth, Michigan. She has been drawing since she was a little girl. Back then, her favorite canvas was pavement and her go to tool was sidewalk chalk. Nowadays, Melanie typically works digitally but also enjoys creating artwork with watercolor, markers, colored pencils, and acrylic paint. Oh, and sometimes a pinch of glitter too!
Melanie is a 2013 graduate of the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan where she earned a BFA in Illustration before relocating to Los Angeles, California to pursue a career as an illustrator and designer. Melanie is most interested in work that has a positive and memorable impact on children - including animation, games, publications, and products.

Melanie is cheerful and loves to try new things. She enjoys cooking, sci fi movies, and spending time exploring LA with her friends. When she isn’t working, you might find her hunting for shells and unique rocks on the beach! Melanie is also very fond of animals, especially her little black cat, Pepper.





Follow Storywraps






*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... "Ko-Fi".  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun, and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
💜💜💜

No comments: