Friday, June 7, 2019

"Feel Better, Mommy" - a bookwrap



















Abby and her mommy are separated from each other because her mommy is in the hospital.  They both miss each other dearly.  Today Abby gets to visit and that makes her heart very happy!  








Unwrapping




"Feel Better, Mommy"

Authored by Risa Kirschner
Illustrated by Anna Kubaszewska


* Age Range:  3-8
* Grade Level:  K-3
* Paperback:  34 pages
* Publisher: Warren Publishing, Inc
* Pub. Date:  March 19, 2019
* Language:  English 



Unwrapping some awesome illustrations 




















Unwrapping the story





Nana explains to adorable little Abby on their way to visit her mom in the hospital, that her mom has a boo boo inside of her and that is why she is staying there.  The mother/daughter reunion is very sweet indeed.  While there Abby experiences a bit of the hospital life that her mom is subjected to.  

They play together on mom's bed making it a shape-shifter.  She accompanies her mom to the x-ray room and gives her stuffed teddy a fun ride in mom's wheelchair. The best time is when they snuggle in bed together and her favourite storybooks are read to her.  Their hearts mesh and the feeling of home reigns once again. 

This is a perfect book to read to a child who might have a parent who is ill and separated from them because of a hospital stay.  Children can feel anxious, scared and confused at this time so a lovely visit to the hospital can benefit them greatly.  They can see first-hand where their loved one is and the surroundings they are inhabiting.  

The story is simple, heartwarming and reassuring for a child.  This book would be a perfect addition to a classroom, elementary school library or a doctor's office.  It also can be pointed out when read  that love is the best healer of all.  I highly recommend this book. 



Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!








Meet the author







Risa Kirschner is an author, lecturer, attorney, and real estate broker. She developed heart failure at age twenty-nine, leading to four major cardiac surgeries at the University of Michigan. Once she recovered, she became an advocate for Patient and Family Centered Care, and she served on the executive committee of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center at the university. After speaking widely to adults about her ordeal as a young mother and cardiac patient, and she is excited to present this new perspective based on the real experiences of her then two-year-old daughter. She lives in Farmington Hills, Michigan with her husband and children.Risa has published aspects of her story in chapters of several books for an adult audience:





About the illustrator






Hi, my name is Anna Kubaszewska and I am an illustrator living in Angers, France. 
I was born in Warsaw, Poland where I have done my degree in fine art. 
My passion for drawing started when I was a young girl. I was always surrounded by crayons 
and paper. Currently I changed crayons for graphic tablet. I work mostly as children’s book illustrator.

 My favorite topic is nature and animals.




Follow Storywraps









*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button...ko-fi.com  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun, and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ


No comments: