Friday, July 31, 2020

"Fix It With Focus" - a bookwrap









Unwrapping





Fix It with Focus
A Story About Ignoring Distractions and Staying on Task


Authored by Bryan Smith
Illustrated by Lisa M. Griffin



* Ages:  4-7
* Series:  Executive Function ( Book 9 ) 
* Paperback:  31 pages
* Publisher:  Boys Town Press
* Pub. Date:  August 25, 2020
* Language:  English 



Unwrapping Some Wonderful Illustrations


















The Book




This is book 9 in the "Executive FUNction series.  This book deals with the important life skill of being able to focus.  The book's mission is to help kids learn self-control or manage ADHD.  Wisely the author has included tips for counsellors, educators and parents at the end of the book. 

Blake has trouble sitting still and concentrating.  When adults around him encourage him to focus he doesn't even know what that means.  He doesn't intend to cause havoc and chaos but he easily gets distracted and off he goes down another bunny trail by-passing what he really should be accomplishing.  

He destroys a Lego volcano project that his classmates are working on as he zooms by them to look out his classroom window and he injures himself at his baseball game because he takes his eyes off the ball and they zero in on a clog of dirt he just has to kick through an opening in the fence.  Both his homeroom teacher and his baseball coach give him strategies to help keep him on point, organize his thoughts and learn how to focus.  This book would be a wonderful asset in a classroom and in an elementary school library.  I highly recommend it.  






Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!





Meet the Author







Hello. My name is Bryan Smith. I was born and raised in Texas. I have been in elementary education for the past 18 years. The last 13 years have been spent as an elementary school counselor. During this time, I have seen many behaviors from children I wanted to see changed. Examples include changing yourself to fit in, children controlling their impulses, and bad sportsmanship. I decided to write books address the se issues in a humorous way. I am so grateful to get to work with children every day. I have been married for 17 years and have two wonderful boys. I spend much of my time coaching their sports! I hope you enjoy my books and thank you for your support.




About the Illustrator







I’m Lisa an illustrator, mom, and all-round creative achiever.  With a fine arts degree in my back pocket and 20+ years of illustration and design experience, I spend my days making art for books, produces and stationery.  It’s a life that I love to share, and why I also enjoy working with creatives to inspire confidence their own artistic pursuits.  



Follow Storywraps






*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca
*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps

I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  
I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   

 

Read on.....Read always!
It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜

No comments: