Thursday, February 25, 2021

"Lockdown Hair" - a bookwrap

 


Featuring







 These are innovative Covid 19 haircuts ... yep, it's do it yourself time. Oh my! 



Unwrapping



 

Lockdown Hair


Authored by Linda Steinbock

Illustrated by Alexandra Rusu



Specs


* Ages:  5-8

* Grade Level:  K-3

* Publisher:  Canoe Tree Press

* Release Date:  2 March, 2021

* Paperback:  40 pages

* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You






















The Book



Sonia, a sweet caring little girl, is stressing about her mother's return to work.  Her mother is a hairdresser and there is an ominous virus lurking everywhere.  Sonia is worried that her mom might come in contact with it and get sick.  Always resourceful Sonia decides to make a list of important things that will keep her mother safe. 


She runs to her desk upstairs and focuses on various strategies and solutions that her mother will need to put into practice.  When she presents her thoughtful suggestions to her mum, her mum is very impressed.


"Sonia, this is brilliant!'  Mum says proudly.  "I'll need to show this to all my friends at the hair salon!  We'll definitely keep everyone safe if we do haircuts like this!"  


" Dad hugs Sonia. "You're going to be an inventor when you grow up!" 


This timely book is perfect to share at this time.  It is sure to spark conversations and solutions to what families are experiencing in so many places around the world.  Discussions will calm fears and offer positive, constructive action in this very scary and problematic time.  The wonderful illustrations are entertaining, kid-friendly and 

relatable.  I enjoyed the book and highly recommend it. 



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 






Meet the Author





Linda Steinbock is a humanitarian aid worker of Swedish and Malay Singaporean descent. She attended university in Melbourne, Australia and began working for an NGO, supporting children and families affected by conflict, typhoons, earthquakes and tsunamis. Her work also involved research into how children are affected by crisis, never more so than during the Covid-19 pandemic. It was while quarantined in Singapore that Linda came up with the idea of a children's picture book which illustrates how the power of human connection can overcome adversity, and how even distanced relationships can continue to lift us up during these anxious times. Through her book and her website, Linda hopes to create a space where others can share how they've overcome isolation and enhanced connection with those they love, and to foster discussion about long distance, multi-cultural friendships and relationships. Come join the conversation at www.touchingdistance.com, where you can also find teacher resources and activity sheets for Lockdown Hair.




About the Illustrator






I have a great passion for function and form, which I try to express in everything I design. If you like my work and believe I can beautify something for you, please get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you out.

HAVE A COLOURFUL DAY!




Follow Storywraps






*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


No comments: