Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Walter and Willy Go to the City - a bookwrap

 

Unwrapping



Walter and Willy Go to the City

Authored by Bonnie Grubman

Illustrated by Judi Abbot

Specs


* Reading Age:  5-11 years

* Grade Level:  1-2

* Length:  32 pages

Publisher:  Clavis Publication

* Pub. Date:  October 12, 2021

* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for you










                     The Book


Walter and Willy are two adorable little piglets who are BFFs.  Willy is fearless and brave.  He is not afraid of monsters, flu shots, the ocean, Boar the bully or scary movies, just to name a few.  Willy on the other hand is hesitant and fearful about most things but one thing he loves and is not fearful of is the big city.  He invites his bestie on a bumpy bus ride to check it out. 


Walter discovers that he is nervous about the trip and what he might find there.  He feels apprehensive about the long bus ride, the tall buildings, the bustling crowded streets...oh my... they all seem so scary.  His best friend puts Walter's worst fears to rest.  Willy has every one of Walter's concerns covered.  Walter wonders: What if they get lost?  Willy brought a map.  What if they miss the bus home?  Willy assures his friend another one will be coming.  What if?  What if?  No worries replies his friend, everything will be just fine.   They head off to Willy's favourite restaurant to enjoy some pizza before returning home. 


Kids will learn that it is okay to be afraid some times. We all are at one time or another.  The book is a perfect opportunity to discuss your child's fears and how they can handle those strong and scary feelings that rise up inside of them.  "Walter and Willy Go to the City" is the second book about the two. It is about friendship and how friends work together to overcome each other's anxieties and fears.  


The illustrations are lovely and engaging.  They enrich the text and its positive message. I love the book and highly recommend it.   




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗




Meet the Author







Bonnie Grubman, author of children’s picture books, lives in Syosset, New York. This is what she says about herself:

‘Once upon a time I lived in a wonderful little apartment with my mom and dad, brother and sister, pet turtles, and a parakeet. On hot summer nights, I would cool off on the fire escape with a stack of books and a flashlight. I loved reading.

I went to Nursing School, became a Mommy, and traded my Nurse’s hat for a classroom full of picture books and inspiring young children who found joy and curiosity in everything they saw. Because of the kids and for the kids I’ve been writing ever since. I hope to continue to foster the love of reading and preserve the magic of childhood.’

www.bonniegrubmanbooks.com/


About the Illustrator







Judi Abbot was born and raised in Italy. She studied illustration at the art school in Milan. Now, she lives with her family in London. Judy usually works with acrylics, collage and color pencils, but she is also good with digital media. Next to her work as an illustrator, Judy organizes creative workshops for children in bookshops and in libraries.


Follow Storywraps


*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜 


No comments: