Sunday, January 9, 2022

"Freddie the Fruit Fly" - a bookwrap

 

Unwrapping






Freddie the Fruit Fly

Authored by Zane Stuart

Illustrated by Elizabeth Sharp


Specs


* Ages:  4-7 years

* Grade Level:  PS-2

* Hardcover:  60 pages

* Publisher: Dorrance Publishing Co. 

* Pub. Date:  December 15, 2020

* Language:  English


Praise


Rated 5 out of 5


I bought two copies of Freddie the Fruit Fly (one for each set of grandchildren, ages 3 through 6) as holiday gifts. They LOVED the story line and bright, colorful illustrations. Each page brought giggles and excitement as they eagerly anticipated what would happen next during Freddie’s adventures. As an Early Childhood Education major who was a Teacher and Director of a Preschool for over 20 years, I highly recommend adding this book to your collection.  


February 8, 2021

Bright, colorful illustrations. My grandkids love it! One of my granddaughters asked me to read it to her twice in one day!

Gwen N.

Great Book!!

Rated 5 out of 5


November 4, 2020

Very entertaining, love the illustrations.

John



Unwrapping Some Illustrations 



















The Book


 

Freddie the Fruit fly is an adorable heart-warming book about a little fruit fly who loves adventure and isn't afraid to try new things.  His ever happy view of life makes him many diverse friends and even a wife.  Freddie flies into an older woman's shopping cart and hitches a ride back to her home.  

Once there he encounters the love of his life... lovely Francine.  Fortunately she is love-struck with Freddie also and they decide to get married and excitedly plan their wedding day together. Of course, you, the reader, are invited to attend too.  On the guest list are ants and fleas. The fleas agree to bring along some of their friends to play music so everyone can dance and celebrate at this joyous occasion.  Please bring your dancing shoes if you decide to join in on the fun. 

 I really love the delightful illustrations.  They are cartoonish, colourful, detailed and marry with the text perfectly. I cannot praise them enough.  This book will be enjoyed by both the young and the old.  Who doesn't love a romantic story with a happily ever after ending?  I highly, highly recommend this book. It will be one that kids will want to read again and again.  

 

Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗


Meet the Author








Zane Stuart is a lifelong wordsmith who seeks to entertain and spread joy through his writing. He values a great sense of humor, and he believes that kindness is wisdom in action.




Going Deeper


Author Spotlight: Zane Stuart

Sep. 16th, 2021


Dorrancepublishing.com


Name: Zane Stuart

Hometown: Boca Raton, FL

Book Title: Freddie The Fruit Fly

Genre: Children’s

Dorrance Publishing (DP): Describe your book in 10 words or less.

Zane Stuart (ZS): Optimistic, adventurous fruit fly finds his way in the world.

DP: What made you want to write your book?

ZS: I saw fruit flies in the market, which caused me to recall seeing them occasionally in my kitchen. I started thinking about how a fruit fly might get from the market to someone’s kitchen, and the story took off from there.

DP: How long did it take you to write your book?

ZS: All in all, it took many years. I wrote the first part of the book pretty quickly. Not knowing how to pursue publishing, the manuscript sat for a long time. Inspiration hit again, and I came up with more ideas about how Freddie’s journey would continue, and I added to the story. I pitched it to literary agents and got good feedback, but none of them decided to go with the book. Years later, I saw an ad for Dorrance on my computer. I sent them the manuscript and they accepted it! I found a great illustrator, and with Dorrance’s help, we finished the book to my great satisfaction.

DP: How do you choose the names of your characters?

ZS: In this case, I went with sound keeping with F for fruit fly. Freddie was an easy choice. And his girlfriend’s name is Francine. Also, my father’s name was Fred.


* Check out the entire interview on the publisher's website listed above



About the Illustrator







Liz Sharp, owner of Sweetflower Studios is a successful and Emmy award winning Illustrator and Graphic Designer with over 20 years experience in Product Development of Home and Apparel Textile Print collections. With exceptional communication and computer design skills, a keen eye for spotting color and fashion trends, she offers a broad range of creative services. Her prints have been utilized, marketed and sold to and by major retailors, manufacturers and boutiques nation wide. 


Follow Storywraps


*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... http:/ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 


I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜 



No comments: