Sunday, February 27, 2022

"I Don't Have a Dog" - a bookwrap

 


Unwrapping





I Don't Have a Dog


by Contessa Hileman

llustrated by Carolyn Conahan



Specs


* Ages:  4-7 years

* Grade Level:  PS-2

* Length:  32 pages

* Publisher:  Little Bigfoot

* Pub. Date:  Feb. 01, 2022

* ISBN:  9781632172211

* Language:  English


Unwrapping Some Illustrations 













The Book



This delightful book is for dog lovers and certainly readers will concur with the antics of the spunky little mutt in the story.  


A sweet unnamed little girl explains to the reader why she doesn't have a dog.  She labels him as her security system, garbage disposal, alarm clock and homework excuse ( just to name a few) ... but NOT her dog!    


Any dog owner will attest to the fact that a dog is NOT a dog but a beloved family member, a faithful best friend and their dogs are cherished unconditionally in their hearts.  The illustrations are beautifully done and enrich the text greatly.  The author wraps up the whole premise of the book in the last sentence.  


"So please don't ask me if you can pet my dog...I don't have a dog.  I have a best friend."


Being an avid dog owner myself I end my review by saying... Amen to that! I love the book and highly recommend it.   

  


Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗


Meet the Author






CONTESSA HILEMAN is a writer and creative currently living in Denver, CO. She lives with her husband, Brett, and her loyal beagle, Sidekick. She spends most of her time writing, reading, and eating cereal. I Don't Have a Dog is her first book. 



About the Illustrator






CAROLYN CONAHAN draws little pictures in a little studio in a little woods she planted herself, somewhere in Portland, Oregon.…

"I’ve always found the world to be an interesting place full of contrast and surprises. Growing up at my mom’s house, I rode horses cross-country and bareback, which led to many hours of combing burrs from my horse’s tail and my own hair, too. We climbed trees, picked fruit, and made jam. We baled hay, and stacked it. (Itchy!) My mom was a science teacher, so every trip to the beach or hike in the woods was a field trip to discovery.

At my dad’s house, I got summer jobs in aerospace, and watched rocket launches. We also went on long hippie van trips to experimental communities, canoed with alligators, and snorkeled coral reefs with jellyfish, sharks, and barracudas. I attended a joint program at Reed College, and the Pacific NW College of Art, where I majored in pondering, doodling, and avoiding marketable skills. Not exactly a plan for success, but here I am, years later, pondering and doodling for fun and (a squeaky little ) profit. Funny old world."






Follow Storywraps



*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



 I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... http:/ko-fi.com/storywraps . Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.   


That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 


I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate they any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps’ community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Remember that books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜



No comments: