Thursday, September 22, 2016

My First Book of Hockey : A Rookie Book - a bookwrap









Coming from Canada I grew up with hockey in my blood.  I used to watch Hockey Night In Canada every Saturday night with my dad and I even played women's hockey in my hometown.  It is a sport Canadians are good at and so proud of.  Today's book is for the beginner and I am sure you will be delighted with it.




Unwrapping...





"My First Book of Hockey"
Sports Illustrated Kids

A Rookie Book
Mostly Everything Explained About the Game


Ages 4-7
PS-Gr.1





Some fun illustrations for you to peek at...































About the book...




Sports Illustrated Kids has done a fantastic job with this book.  It is a super fun introduction to hockey for those young up-and-coming fans and those wanna-be hockey superstars.  The book covers almost all aspects of playing and understanding the game:  positioning the players, equipment needed, location where it's played, rules of the game,  half-time zamboni intervention, and practising good sportsmanship during and after the game,  just to name a few.  

The authors brilliantly use cut out photos of current NHL hockey players and an adorable little cartoon character that is all eyes and ears as he is trying very hard to learn all about the sport from the pros. The humorous speech bubbles are witty and deliver a smile when assessing the basic facts and learning all about them. 


The illustrations are bold, vibrant and full of action, just what kids love.  I know your child will delight in this book and learn about the sport while giggling all along the way.  If the book's goal was to win....it scored....BIG TIME!  Expect lots of overtime too as your child asks it to be read one more time.  Failing to adhere to that request might send you right to the penalty box.  Enjoy the book, I know you will love it!  Highly recommended by Storywraps.





Editorial Reviews...



"A colorful and lively overview of hockey. Highly recommended." - School Library Journal


"Kids who already love hockey will eat this up, but its stealth audience may be the clueless kid whose BFF is a rabid fan." - Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books



"A must-have, friendly introduction to the sport...a great series for burgeoning sports fans big or small." - Mom Read It






Follow me  

*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog on the right hand corner (above my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 

Read on and read always! 


It's a wrap.

               


No comments: