Friday, May 17, 2019

"When I Look Up" - a bookwrap











Unwrapping 






"When I Look Up"
Authored by Ellen DeLange
Illustrated by Jenny Meilihove


* Age Range:  5-7
* Grade Level: PS-2
* Paperback:  32 pages
* Publisher:  Clavis ( May 15, 2019 )
* Language:  English



Unwrapping some sweet illustrations for you




















Unwrapping the story



This is a sweet book about a little girl with an active imagination.  It was created by the author and illustrator of "I Will Always Be Happy To See You" and is a Dutch import. 

She loves to focus on the world around her and in so doing what does she discover when she looks up?  She observes a plane flying high in the sky, fluffy clouds on parade, fluttering butterflies among colourful flowers, tiny seedpods floating in the breeze and a pesky fly crawling across the ceiling just to name a few.  

She wonders what it would be like to fly in that plane and travel to some undisclosed destination, to join in the animal-cloud parade that is marching across the sky, to dance with the magical  butterflies and to float away with the seedpods and see where they are going.  

She then transports her mind back to her surroundings and realizes all those things are fun and exciting but :

" I wish...
   I imagine...
   I wonder...
   I dream... 
   But....everything that makes me HAPPY is right in front of me."


The illustrations are bright and colourful and manage quite aptly to depict a sense of wonderment and joy in the little girl.  The positive message of appreciating what you have is one kids need to hear.  Sometimes they need prompting to turn off the noise, screens, and activity around them and just lay back.... be still.... and dream.  (adults too)  




Storywraps Rating:   5 HUGS!!!!!




Hurray!!!!! 5 HUGS!!!!!



Meet the author






  
  Ellen DeLange has been fascinated by picture books ever since she was a child growing up in the Netherlands. In the attic of her home she assembled a small library and shared her collection with friends and family. As an adult she started traveling and expanded her library with picture books from all over the world. Ellen also enjoyed inventing her own stories and was encouraged by her daughter to write her first picture book, A Story with a Tale. Ellen has a doctorate in medical sciences, and currently lives in Canada where she loves to walk in the woods with her Jack Russell terriers, drink lots of tea after a busy day, and sail on the ocean to clear her mind. When I Look Up is her third book.












About the illustrator





  Jenny Meilihove is a freelance illustrator from Israel. Her father first taught her how to draw and instilled a love of art by taking her to galleries when she was a child. Later she majored in Illustration at the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design in Jerusalem. Now Jenny makes illustrations for games, home dΓ©cor, and paper goods. But illustrating children’s books is what she loves the most. She wants her art to bring joy and happiness to everyone. When she’s not busy making art, Jenny loves to sleep and to have tea with cookies. Even when she’s asleep, she sometimes dreams about having tea with cookies.







Follow Storywraps







*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun, and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: