Tuesday, October 13, 2020

"Tom's Special Thanksgiving". - a bookwrap

 


Unwrapping 








Tom's Special Thanksgiving Day

by Alan Matkovic


*Ages: 3-10

* Grade Level:  PS-5

* Paperback:  26 pages

* Publisher: Alan Matkovic

* Pub. Date:  Nov. 11, 2018

* Language:  English



  Editorial Reviews



"My kids adored this book! My 8 year old read it first to her pretend school class and couldn't wait for me to read it to hear the twist. Really touching, fun read that had me a little nervous, then laughing."  --PJ Fan


"I particularly liked the presentation of the book, the colors were bold and beautiful. This is a very nice story. And the pages will withstand much fingering by little ones. All in all I liked the book! I thought it was a very good purchase." --Julie W. 

"It’s a cute story for young children. My 4 year old, 5 year old, and 9 year old really enjoyed the tale." -- AhKayPru




Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You

















The Book



What a wonderful fun book!  I love the vibrant, colourful, detailed,  and animated illustrations.  Tom is the only turkey on a farm. One particular day Tom gets up and goes about greeting his other animal friends and to his surprise he gets no response.  He is puzzled because every other day he receives a warm hello. 


The farmer has given the animals a heads up telling them that it's Tom's special day and please don't ruin the surprise for him.  Finally Tom finds out from a farm rat that today is Thanksgiving Day and guess who ends up in a very bad situation on that day... a turkey!   Tom panics and starts running around thinking he is in eminent danger.  


The farmer and his animal entourage search high and low to find Tom and bring him back.  Once back at the farm they unveil the true meaning of Tom's special day... it's his birthday and all his friends celebrate both the day and their fabulous friend! 


 I adore books with a wonderful twist at the end.  "Tom's Special Thanksgiving " is a brilliant book to highlight autumn, friendship and is appropriate not only to share at this holiday time but anytime.  I highly recommend this book. 



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 






Meet the Author






Alan Matkovic grew up on the East Coast in Rockville, Maryland. In his early years, Alan found himself more interested in playing baseball than anything scholastic. It wasn’t until he attended the prestigious Arizona State University, where he majored in history, that he discovered the nourishment of books. He fell in love with reading and writing, as well as a beautiful Midwestern girl he luckily met in nutrition class. She later became his wife. Having moved even further west, Alan now lives in Santa Monica, California, with his wife and three inspiring children. Like many parents, Alan began making up bedtime stories for his kids to help them go to sleep, though many times they became a lot more excited than sleepy. Suffice it to say, a few stories were repeatedly requested, and those tales become the groundwork for The Amazing Adventure series. The first edition of the series, The Magic House, was published in October 2017. Currently, there are two more books in the Adventure series. Alan enjoys working, writing, producing and, of course, exploring with his children. Life is an adventure, why not make it fun and interesting.




About the Illustrator





I am a former advertising creative, graphic designer and now over five years as a senior illustrator. I am a freelancer due of my styles versatility  I work as a full illustration studio according to the needs and targets. From traditional, watercolor, hand-drawing to cartoon styles.

A wide part of my projects is to bring to life projects of independent creators/writers. Each of these projects is a privilege, since it becomes an enriching experience, full of hopes and emotional components of both experienced and new writers. Suffice it to say that it is a privilege for me.

Another no less important part is aimed at textbooks, publications and children’s books illustrations that publishers require.



Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 



πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ






No comments: