Tuesday, November 10, 2020

"I Miss You Most" - a bookwrap

 


Unwrapping 







Miss You Most


Authored by Cassie Hoyt

Illustrated by Stefanie St. Denis



Specs



* Ages:  3-6

* Grade Level:  PS-1

* Hardcover:  28 pages

* Publisher:  Tellwell Talent

* Pub. Date:  October 14, 2020

* Language:  English



Editorial Review



“A beautiful book about missing your loved ones. It’s a really touching book and I like that it features many different kids with their parents or grandparents making it more about the idea of missing that family member you love, rather than telling a linear story. It does a wonderful job of making the reader nostalgic and I couldn’t help but miss a few of my loved ones I haven’t seen in a while…. Bottom line, It’s just a super cute book that should definitely have a place on every children’s bookshelf and I love it.”                                                       

- The Children’s Bookshelf



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You


















The Book



This is a lovely heartfelt book about a little boy who misses his mommy and yearns to be with her.  The author has done a wonderful job of exposing that feeling of loss when the two are separated.  That  sad empty feeling can be soothed some by pretending fun things they might do together such as:  how how his mother would hold him and sing to him softly at night, imagining swimming and jumping off the diving board at the pool, the reward of high fives he would receive as  he rode by on his big-boy bike, or exploring the seven seas as bad nasty pirates with treasures of gold,  just to name a few. 


Thinking about the other person can knit hearts together even if the distance is great.  Nothing though can surpass the euphoric and magical feeling of being wrapped in each others hugs and sharing their love in real time.  It's the best... always!   


The illustrations are wonderful: vibrant, colourful and full of love and happiness leaving the reader with a contented grateful heart.  


" My time spent with you is what I cherish most of all."  


The bond of love between a mother and her beloved child is forever and for always and can never be broken no matter how far apart they are!  I highly recommend this book.  



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 







Meet the Author





Cassie Hoyt is a children's author and perfusionist. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two sons. She enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with her family. Inspiration for her books typically comes from her silly boys or fond memories of her childhood. Learn more about Cassie's upcoming works on www.cassiehoyt.com.



Follow Storywraps





*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps




I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 



💜💜💜


No comments: