Saturday, November 7, 2020

"If Animals Built Your Home" - a bookwap

 

Featuring







Unwrapping 






If Animals Built Your House


Authored by Bill Wise

Illustrated by Rebecca Evans



Specs


* Ages:  5-7

* Grade Level:  1-2

* Hardcover:  32 pages

* Publisher:  Dawn Publications

* Pub. Date:  October 1, 2020

* Language: English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You






















The Book



Wow!  Kids will love learning about the amazing engineering prowess of a variety of animals when they construct their habitats.  This creative and fun book gives readers a tour inside the homes of a squirrel, a colony of bees, and the interior of a beaver lodge, just to name a few. 


Imaginations are unleashed as the reader has to picture what it would be like to live in the way that the animal does.  It's great fun to be shrunk in size and admitted into these different style living quarters to check out.  


Each animal is featured in more depth at the end of the book.  Also included are suggested literary connections, science connections and recommendations for nature awareness books to research.  "If Animals Built Your Home"  highlights the wonder of nature that is all around us and gives an encouraging nudge to get out there and explore the magnificent habitats that animals build.  


The illustrations presented are detailed, colourful and greatly enrich the text.  I love that the author includes real life photos of the animals that she features.  Highly recommended.  



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 





Meet the Author


A prolific author of both fiction and nonfiction, William Wise has been writing books for children for nearly half a century. His work includes straight nonfiction books and whimsical titles on mythical monsters, as well as rhyming picture books for the very young.



About the Illustrator





I grew up near Buffalo New York in a family chock full of musicians, artists, and crazy people with a love for life. I started drawing as soon as I could hold a crayon and just never stopped. I knew from a very young age that I wanted to be an artist when I finally grew up. To that end I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Visual Art from Messiah College with a concentration in Drawing and Illustration, and completed coursework from the Tyler School of Art. I worked for nine years as an artist and designer before returning to my first love: children’s book illustration. My experience includes authoring and/or illustrating nineteen picture books and nine middle-grade readers, speaking at schools and teaching illustration at the Local Performing and Visual Arts magnet school and Chesapeake Center for the Creative Arts. I am also the Co-Regional Advisor for the SCBWI Maryland/Delaware/West Virginia region. In addition, I have mentored with EB Lewis.

I live in Maryland and enjoy spending time with my husband and four young children, while working as an author/illustrator from my home studio during every spare moment.


Follow Storywraps



Happy weekend everyone! Join me back here on Monday for more fabulous books to enjoy   







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps




I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 

I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜






No comments: